• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Extremely Humble Collection

Nice collection
Great setup and collection!

Thanks guys!

Here are some new display cards I created. I'm going to use the Monster Dog for sure, but I'm not sure which one... likely the black Ducati Monster Dog...

whiteoakleycards3.jpg

blackoakleycards3.jpg

It's been close to 9 months since I started this thread, and @Nucchem was right... Nucchem's Declaration

Here is a shot of my collection, back in Augsust 2020.

IMG_6162.JPG

Nice, but underwhelming compared to what my collection has developed into today. The Mega Tower 1.0 Hotel has NO VACANCY, and extra personal collection pairs in the cabinet, along with about 30 pairs that are listed in my eBay store. Thanks to @qtrain23 for the custom sunglass, coin, and watch stands! Thanks to @THE X-MAN, @Chet Manley, @Rick58, @Larry, @Lopaka KaMars, and @Chris A Hardaway for helping me with customizing glasses and cutting lenses.

Here is a pic of my collection today.

Whole Case 4-27-21.jpg

My latest addition was a Black Ink/Ruby Triggerman. Here it is along with it's siblings.

triggerman3.jpg

I am most proud of the development of my X-Metal collection. I know it pales in comparison to other collections on the forum, but I'm really happy with what I've been able to assemble. All of these have been tuned up, refinished if necessary, and all have OEM lenses, some factory cut, some custom-cut. All coins present and accounted for, and displayed using custom coin holders from qtrain23. I'm going to quickly list them.

R1 24kt, Refinished and custom cuts from Chet Manley
R2 BI, OEM Factory Finish and Lenses, tuned by Chet Manley
Juliet Ruby, Refinished and tuned by The X-Man, "flat plasma finish", custom cuts by Chet Manley
Penny Ice, Original factory lenses, Original titanium frame, tuned-up by Oakley
X-Squared Fire, Original Plasma frame, tuning and custom cuts by Chet Manley
XX Violet, Refinished, tuned, and custom cuts from Chet Manley
Mars BI, Original XM frame and lenses, tuned by Lopaka KaMars
Half X, Original polished frame, new rubber and parts by me, and custom cuts by Chris A Hardaway

xmetalsincase4small.jpg

My collection is by no means "complete" or "finished" but I am out of room LOL. I've been shopping for another matching Mega Tower, but I can't convince @zcrxsi to sell me his polished case. Maybe someday I will 🙏! If I ever find another matching Mega Tower 1.0, my goal would be to completely disassemble both, have real glass cut for all sides and shelves, polish all of the aluminum as much as possible, reassemble, and revamp the lighting in both. That's a huge project for me, but I think I could do it.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

It's been close to 9 months since I started this thread, and @Nucchem was right... Nucchem's Declaration

View attachment 860487

Nice, but underwhelming compared to what my collection has developed into today. The Mega Tower 1.0 Hotel has NO VACANCY, and extra personal collection pairs in the cabinet, along with about 30 pairs that are listed in my eBay store. Thanks to @qtrain23 for the custom sunglass, coin, and watch stands! Thanks to @THE X-MAN, @Chet Manley, @Rick58, @Larry, @Lopaka KaMars, and @Chris A Hardaway for helping me with customizing glasses and cutting lenses.

View attachment 860488

My latest addition was a Black Ink/Ruby Triggerman. Here it is along with it's siblings.

View attachment 860489

I am most proud of the development of my X-Metal collection. I know it pales in comparison to other collections on the forum, but I'm really happy with what I've been able to assemble. All of these have been tuned up, refinished if necessary, and all have OEM lenses, some factory cut, some custom-cut. All coins present and accounted for, and displayed using custom coin holders from qtrain23. I'm going to quickly list them.

Juliet Ruby, Refinished and tuned by The X-Man, "flat plasma finish", custom cuts by Chet Manley
Half X, Original polished frame, new rubber and parts by me, and custom cuts by Chris A Hardaway

View attachment 860491

My collection is by no means "complete" or "finished" but I am out of room LOL. I've been shopping for another matching Mega Tower, but I can't convince @zcrxsi to sell me his polished case. Maybe someday I will ! If I ever find another matching Mega Tower 1.0, my goal would be to completely disassemble both, have real glass cut for all sides and shelves, polish all of the aluminum as much as possible, reassemble, and revamp the lighting in both. That's a huge project for me, but I think I could do it.

Put some rail stands in that case and you can increase the amount of pairs it will hold

Thanks guys!

Here are some new display cards I created. I'm going to use the Monster Dog for sure, but I'm not sure which one... likely the black Ducati Monster Dog...

View attachment 859514
View attachment 859513

very nice! Might be something others would want to print as well.

View attachment 860487

View attachment 860488

View attachment 860489

View attachment 860491

My collection is by no means "complete" or "finished" but I am out of room LOL. I've been shopping for another matching Mega Tower, but I can't convince @zcrxsi to sell me his polished case. Maybe someday I will 🙏! If I ever find another matching Mega Tower 1.0, my goal would be to completely disassemble both, have real glass cut for all sides and shelves, polish all of the aluminum as much as possible, reassemble, and revamp the lighting in both. That's a huge project for me, but I think I could do it.

Magnificent collection. I sense another case in your future. ;)

I can get around 14 or more pairs to an aluminum single shelf. 8 on the rails, 4 on a 4 tier stand and two in front.

And that’s only scratching the surface.
If you want to put even more on a shelf, get some acrylic cut and make risers like I did. There’s always a way...
ea2961fece526868740103ba41096dc7.jpg

Last edited:
I can get around 14 or more pairs to an aluminum single shelf. 8 on the rails, 4 on a 4 tier stand and two in front.

And that’s only scratching the surface.
If you want to put even more on a shelf, get some acrylic cut and make risers like I did. There’s always a way...
View attachment 860592
That's too tight for me. I like getting to my glasses so I can wear any of them at any time. You're not getting to some of those pairs without a fair bit of rigmarole. Also, I like to see each pair of glasses, frame and lenses. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
That

That's too tight for me. I like getting to my glasses so I can wear any of them at any time. You're not getting to some of those pairs without a fair bit of rigmarole. Also, I like to see each pair of glasses, frame and lenses. Different strokes for different folks.

Fair enough. If I didnt conserve as much space as I do, there’s no way I could fit my collection into my 7 cases

Back