• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
What are Oakley CMDN Sunglasses?
Originally surfacing in July 2021, the Oakley CMDN sunglasses are a part of the Q3 2021 release cycle.
The name “CMDN” is a shortened reference similar to other releases like the HSTN and NXTLVL.
While it’s not clear exactly what CMDN means, our best guess is “Comedown”. But let us know in the comments if you have any better guesses.
Keep reading for our full Oakley CMDN review and when you can expect these sunglasses to hit store shelves.
Oakley CMDN Sunglasses Review
Frame and Design
From the first look, you instantly know the Oakley CMDN sunglasses are not for everyone.
These sunglasses feature a large O-Matter full-frame shield style lens with a fashion-forward design. And they definitely stand out.
Oakley-CMDN.jpg
Oakley CMDN Sunglasses feature...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Oakley-CMDN.jpg
    Oakley-CMDN.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I dig these. They’re 90s as hell.
I do see the retro appeal but where are the sexy curves of Oakley? Luxotica has begun crossing styles with its brands and I feel this style can be found closely related to others already out there. I am sure they will find their niche and I can see them on the ski slopes being popular so if it makes em a buck or two more the power to them. I guess my fear is with Lux owning correction ... monopolizing the sunglass industry it will all mold into one basic design style separated by brand labels. Hope I am wrong but when I see on another thread what could be moons close cousin from the same daddy being produced in a likeness on another label it makes me nervous.

I do see the retro appeal but where are the sexy curves of Oakley? Luxotica has begun crossing styles with its brands and I feel this style can be found closely related to others already out there. I am sure they will find their niche and I can see them on the ski slopes being popular so if it makes em a buck or two more the power to them. I guess my fear is with Lux owning correction ... monopolizing the sunglass industry it will all mold into one basic design style separated by brand labels. Hope I am wrong but when I see on another thread what could be moons close cousin from the same daddy being produced in a likeness on another label it makes me nervous.
It has already been foreseen.

This is something I'm biting my tongue on. I don't like how it looks in pictures, but it could very well rub off different in person.

I’m not going to lie the frame colors and such look like cool combos... but I’m not sure on the frame itself. Should of expanded the sutro to a Sutro triggered and involved the cool color ways.

Back