• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Racing Jacket Photo chromatic Lenses

bjw

Oakley Enthusiast
Virginessee
For the last several years I have purchased the Oakley Racing Jacket Photochromatic RX Lenses. They were awesome and I still have them if I ever need them. However This year I was able to finally start wearing contacts. I have unique astigmatisms in both eyes. ( NO I DON'T LOOK WEIRD EITHER! lol). anyways. I decided to get the regular PC Lenses from Oakley but I ended up returning them. Weirdly enough, they do not get as dark as the RX do. Honestly you would think it would be the other way around. So my question after my rambling is, Is there another company or brand out there that makes a PC or Transitional Lens for the Racing Jackets that get as dark or darker than the Oakley RX PC ones. OR is there a way to make the Oakley non rx ones darker some how?

I apologize if I post this in the wrong section as well.

You need welding goggles.

Oakley PC lenses are listed down to 9% . Black polarized is rated at 10%.
I’m a little sceptical that 1% difference is noticeable, but, hey, they’re your eyes...

You need welding goggles.

Oakley PC lenses are listed down to 9% . Black polarized is rated at 10%.
I’m a little sceptical that 1% difference is noticeable, but, hey, they’re your eyes...
Not sure what you mean or if you understood what I asked but thanks I guess

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 6.00.13 PM.png

@Linegear Japan currently sells NXT lenses. I have a couple pairs and they perform well. As i was discussing with Daisuke, he informed they were looking to expand their offerings to the Varia, which is NXT's photochromatic lens:

Not sure when that is happening, but it would be a good option. I intend to pick up a pair for my juliets when Linegear starts cutting them.

@Linegear Japan currently sells NXT lenses. I have a couple pairs and they perform well. As i was discussing with Daisuke, he informed they were looking to expand their offerings to the Varia, which is NXT's photochromatic lens:

Not sure when that is happening, but it would be a good option. I intend to pick up a pair for my juliets when Linegear starts cutting them.
Are they the vented?

Are they the vented?

Their current offerings do not include vented lenses, so unless they have plans to start cutting with vents, i doubt they'll have them in the NXT Varia line.

If the lenses being vented a more important to you, Revant Optics makes vented lenses. No PC options, though.

Fuse Lenses is another option. Like Revant, no PC options.

I appreciate it. Yeah I need some for my motorcycle that are PC and vented. using the gasket and seating at a red light they start to fog up really bad for me. but also I dont want to stop on the side of the road at night changing lenses

Then i think your only option (at this point) is to find yourself a set of the New Racing Jackets with the vented pc lenses:

Nothing on ebay that i could find of the whole set, but i did find just the lenses, which are ridiculously priced:

But if you are dead set on getting a set of vented PC, this is your best option at the moment.

Unless you are willing to take a chance on aftermarket lenses:

Back