• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley shipped the wrong lens twice

The store near me has one sutro sweep dark golf lens in store. Doesn’t really help though when I’m in Australia.

The store near me has one sutro sweep dark golf lens in store. Doesn’t really help though when I’m in Australia.
It is a little bit too far :). It is weird but no online reseller carry this lens. I may have to order it through Oakley again. Hopefully another person in the warehouse handles the new order. To be fair, the color on the label of the Road Jade box looks like Prizm Dark Golf lens.
I am stuck with two lens that I have listed for $30 each but no bite so far.

sutrolitesweeproadjade.jpg

I took the chance and ordered the Sutro Lite Prizm Dark Golf Lens again. I received the box today, it says Prizm Dark Golf outside and I was really happy. I opened the box and the lens is clearly not prizm dark golf. I have an encoder prizm dark golf and they look totally different.

Unbelievable. How dumb are the people at Oakley warehouse?

20230408_132342.jpg

20230408_133100.jpg

Looks like they may have got it right. The Sutro Lite and Encoder have different color Prizm Golf lenses.

The Sutro Lite and Encoder have different color Prizm Golf lenses.
Sutro Lite Prizm Golf Lens is only available in Rectangular. Sutro Lite Prizm Dark Golf Lens is only available in the Sweep version.

If they are Prizm Dark Golf, they should be the same regardless of frame style.

If anyone finds Sutro Lite Sweep Prizm Dark Golf Lens with any other vendor, please let me know. I have lost my trust with Oakley. I guess the same person handled my orders 3 times. I have tried ebay and many websites but there is nothing.

Last edited:
I took the chance and ordered the Sutro Lite Prizm Dark Golf Lens again. I received the box today, it says Prizm Dark Golf outside and I was really happy. I opened the box and the lens is clearly not prizm dark golf. I have an encoder prizm dark golf and they look totally different.

Unbelievable. How dumb are the people at Oakley warehouse?

View attachment 1046601

View attachment 1046602
Too bad that they don't know what lens to ship after 3 times.
One day they will get it right :p

The sutro lite sweep dark golf lens is the same as the one you got from the warehouse colour wise and this is in an Oakley store. So maybe Oakley just did the different colour as the curve was bigger in the sutro. I’m not too sure why it’s coloured differently though.

The sutro lite sweep dark golf lens is the same as the one you got from the warehouse colour wise and this is in an Oakley store. So maybe Oakley just did the different colour as the curve was bigger in the sutro. I’m not too sure why it’s coloured differently though.
Two of the boxes say Prizm Road Jade, the 3rd box says Prizm Dark Golf but the color is exactly the same as Prizm Road Jade. I am sure Prizm Dark Golf color should be the same regardless of style.

Back