• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Time Tank/Minute Machine Battery Clip & Screw

joshking440

Oakley Beginner
Hello - new to the site

Interesting story

I took my time tank to the local watch repair place for a battery and they told me they could not locate the correct battery and asked me to pick up my watch.

When I got home I decided to order one myself from the interwebs and change it rather then taking it to another store. When I took the watch back off I noticed the little clip that holds the battery in place as well as the screw was missing. I contacted the store and of course they know nothing about it and cant get me a replacement

Has anyone ever an into this and does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a replacement

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forum. Pretty crappy how that so called jeweler did you wrong.

You can buy a replacement movement from eBay and swap parts.

Harley Ronda 5040.B Quartz Watch Movement, 3 Hand D12 (Swiss Parts & Swiss Made) | eBay

There are a couple watch supply supply websites I’ve ordered from.

Esslinger Watchmakers Tools and Watch Parts

And

Jules Borel & Co. | Watchmaking Supplies, Parts, and Tools

I think I found the screw on Jules Borel here:

MATERIAL CGI UTILITY

Having trouble finding the battery clamp though. You might want to contact them directly and ask for the battery clamp for a Ronda 5040.B 13 Jewel Swiss Movement.

Good luck!

Super helpful sir! Parts will be here tomorrow. Easy Peazy!!!

I called and spoke with them - they gave me part numbers and told me I could order online from the website -

FYI the part numbers are X/14884 and X/14917

Great! Glad I could help. Yeah, their website isn’t very user friendly. Haha

Make sure to yelp review their ass ...... shady business that don’t take responsibility for their mistakes should be called out on

Sorry to dig up this old thread.

The really small screw in a Minute Machine that holds the battery clamp on…..

Not the four screws that hold the back on. The even smaller screw that holds the battery clamp on.

Any idea of what size it is? Is it standard?

I think I’m going to have to just go to a watch repair jewelry store to swap the battery. Any recommendations in Orlando?

I dropped the damn thing and can’t find it.

It is not that uncommon a battery... If they did not have one then they are incompetent. It is better just to do the work yourself at home. You will always take better care than some guy who smoked a blunt at lunch and wished the world would end in his miserable job. Oh wait... thats me... but you get the point!

I have the battery.

It’s the screw for the clamp that holds the battery in place.

Hello - new to the site

Interesting story

I took my time tank to the local watch repair place for a battery and they told me they could not locate the correct battery and asked me to pick up my watch.

When I got home I decided to order one myself from the interwebs and change it rather then taking it to another store. When I took the watch back off I noticed the little clip that holds the battery in place as well as the screw was missing. I contacted the store and of course they know nothing about it and cant get me a replacement

Has anyone ever an into this and does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a replacement

Thanks!
I've heard lots of stories like this man.. Sorry that happened. Lots of jewelers out there seem to be really ignorant or shady in general.. Hard to find honest work sometimes.

Latest Posts

Back