• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which box came with Minute Machine Time Tank?

QuickBrick16

Oakley Beginner
Premium Member
Sorry if there is already a discussion on this. I searched and did not find.

Which box came with the diff gen Minute Machine Time Tanks? I recently bought a 1st and 2nd gen MM/TT. The 1st gen came complete with box, links and paperwork. The 2nd came with nothing and I want to get the correct box for it. I see there are a few different ones, even a Pelican case. I am a new collector and want to start off right!!

Thanks,
Sam

Most came with a wooden box. There are a few variations with the coins and box that all go with the MM/TT.

The box evolved with time... The TT's I am pretty sure all had the larger box with the flat coin and at least the first runs on MM's then the engraved coin smaller box I know was used for the premium polished MM's and the later ones made. I have received them in the pelican box to and I have just assumed that was done with the last of the MM's when oakley or lux had extra HP boxes and just just threw them in there to sell at the outlets. Thats just a guess though.... or some people mixed the pelican box up when selling... not for sure on that one...

The box evolved with time... The TT's I am pretty sure all had the larger box with the flat coin and at least the first runs on MM's then the engraved coin smaller box I know was used for the premium polished MM's and the later ones made. I have received them in the pelican box to and I have just assumed that was done with the last of the MM's when oakley or lux had extra HP boxes and just just threw them in there to sell at the outlets. Thats just a guess though.... or some people mixed the pelican box up when selling... not for sure on that one...
Thanks for the info!

Copy! Stay away from the white wrapped.
Honestly every wood box oakley put out has been a fail... Coins falls off, emblems fall off the C Six, hinges snap from cheap material on the newer ones... I like to have a box for each watch but its taken years of filtering out the bad ones as they come in to accomplish that. Get ready to pay for one that doesn't have these issues. Also don't be afraid to gorilla glue shyt back together 😂