• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Travel Sunglasses?

How about the Wire series in general.…a good travel option?
If you can travel with them in an aluminum “Torpedo” case, sure. Just be aware that C5 alloy deforms readily in a shirt pocket. Some Wires (E Wire1 and Blender come to mind), have earstems short enough that they may impact the inside of their lenses when folded.
Half Wire is a notoriously fragile frame.
That aside, the E2 and Jordan frames are pretty sturdy. I usually travel with one (or several :) ) of those.
Happy Trails.

If you can travel with them in an aluminum “Torpedo” case, sure. Just be aware that C5 alloy deforms readily in a shirt pocket. Some Wires (E Wire1 and Blender come to mind), have earstems short enough that they may impact the inside of their lenses when folded.
Half Wire is a notoriously fragile frame.
That aside, the E2 and Jordan frames are pretty sturdy. I usually travel with one (or several :) ) of those.
Happy Trails.

I noted my Contrail stems get deformed in my vest pocket as often as not 😏👎

I need to take a hard look at the Jordan Wires.

Many thanks for the Intel! 🪖👍

This is one of the reasons I’m learning to customize/fix my own pairs. So I can take awesome looking pieces and not worry about damages/scratches to frame or lenses. So my work Valve 1.0’s are perfect for me. And I’ll sneak in a Juliet as well. :cool:🤙

Back