• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Inside a car with tinted windows, in the glove box, in their case? Why don’t my Maui Jim’s do this? Or my Costs’s? Or numerous pairs of cheap, but polarized glasses?
I understand heat caused this, but I would expect these glasses to withstand common heat, just like my other glasses do - all of them.

It's simply not advisable to ever stow sunnies of any kind inside a hot car. You're inviting a problem.

I absolutely did. I’m sure at the time of purchase the model was mentioned, but that has little significance in my life and I forgot it.
When did you buy them? That is not a new model and hasn’t been made for awhile?

It's simply not advisable to ever stow sunnies of any kind inside a hot car. You're inviting a problem.
Never had one before (I’m 74) and I’m not alone on that. It’s very, very common to do. And all (as in… ALL) other brands I’ve owned have never had this problem. Especially at this price. How is it the Costa’s don’t do it? The Maui Jim’s don’t do it? Ray Bans don’t do it. The $50 mid priced glasses you get at West Marine don’t do it. I’ve owned all those brands, never, ever, had a problem.

Well, you did suffer a problem this time and I'm just trying to advise you, as to the likely cause and prevent you further disappointment.

Valves look great! the OG 1.0 ones. Would love a pair but fear they only look good on small faces? I'd look evil in a pair I think

Valve gen1 are way more aggressive and totally look better then the gen 2! If you ask me they ruined the design and killed one of the best frames out there!

image.jpg

Back