• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Photography!

So...i've been doing photography as a side-job...hobby for quite a while now...but after my daughter was born last year... and my business gaining speed....i lost track of doing it for fun...
i've done a couple shoots here and there during the last year or so,but havent found the time for putting it into my daily life like i used to.
So...sometime earlier this year a buddy of mine purchased a body,and asked me if i could spare some equipment...so i sold some of my
most prized stuff.... shortly after,i seriously regretted it.
Christmas is coming up...that means portraits of my daughter to send off to everyone.
So...yesterday i manned up and purchased a nice piece of glass that i had previously let go of..
Came in the mail during the day. Just got home and opened her up!
Hadn't picked up my camera in a while...
I cant wait to get some awesome photos of my collection going on here, i saw a photog thread on here the other day.
Maybe i'll post some of my photo work in this thread sometime tommorow.
Anyone else on here do photog work? :D

First test shot with this baby!
You can guess what i'm about to do after i get off here...
lol.

test1qu.jpg

Very nice camera! I've been meaning to get one. Kinda sucks doing youtube videos with just the iPhone camera haha.

Nice! I'm into it as a hobby too. I shoot a Sony a55 (my first real DSLR). Before that, I was only using point and shoots. I've done quite a bit of research on glass for my DSLR, and shelled out a few dollars for some older Minolta lenses. Right now, I have a decent collection that covers a good range...50mm F/1.7, 35-70mm F/4, 28-85mm F/3.5-4.5, 70-210mm F/4 (beercan), 28-135mm F/4-4.5 (secret handshake) and a 18-55mm kit lens. I don't have any formal training or schooling, just had an interest in the hobby (especially now since I have two little ones). I really like the Sony a55 and I'm really thinking about upgrading to the new a77. We'll see...I'll have to start saving and maybe selling some of my Oakleys to fund the dream.

What are you shooting with? That bokeh is buttery smooth!!

Here's a shot I like...DSC01093 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Just to point out, I don't use photoshop or anything of the likes... I think that photography is all about what you can take in one shot without editing it later.

Back