• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

POLISHED MM Minute Machine runs of 150 pieces? Real / Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ironic, kinda - when he had first joined, in the middle of all the help I was giving him answering his questions (for him to ignore), I threw some good-natured humor in his direction, just to see how he'd react, what his sense of humor was like.

For example, he asked one question, I don't remember what it was exactly, but the answer was basically "yes if he was lucky". So I answered it by quoting the movie Dirty Harry, "You've gotta ask yourself one question; 'do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?"

It was perfect - the quote actually answered the real question, and surely a guy going by DrtyHarry would recognize the quote and enjoy the reference, get a little chuckle out of it, acknowledge it in some way, maybe even joke back?

Nope - crickets. Every attempt to draw him into showing a sense of humor got nowhere. So I concluded he didn't have one.

Fast forward to today, and it all gets laid out on the table. And Harry's façade cracks, he actually starts making jokes. And proving I was right; he really doesn't have a sense of humor...:gotcha::gotcha::gotcha:

uploadfromtaptalk1445565887274.jpg

It's ironic, kinda - when he had first joined, in the middle of all the help I was giving him answering his questions (for him to ignore), I threw some good-natured humor in his direction, just to see how he'd react, what his sense of humor was like.

For example, he asked one question, I don't remember what it was exactly, but the answer was basically "yes if he was lucky". So I answered it by quoting the movie Dirty Harry, "You've gotta ask yourself one question; 'do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?"

It was perfect - the quote actually answered the real question, and surely a guy going by DrtyHarry would recognize the quote and enjoy the reference, get a little chuckle out of it, acknowledge it in some way, maybe even joke back?

Nope - crickets. Every attempt to draw him into showing a sense of humor got nowhere. So I concluded he didn't have one.

Fast forward to today, and it all gets laid out on the table. And Harry's façade cracks, he actually starts making jokes. And proving I was right; he really doesn't have a sense of humor...:gotcha::gotcha::gotcha:

I honestly don't remember that and from what people who know me tell me....my sense of humor is far and beyond the normal. And I'm a huge DH fan, have all his movies and I even met the man on a few occasions. Great guy....

And like I said, if I had seen that you wrote something like that...I would have laughed and had some fun with it. But no...didn't see it. I'm not a bad guy folks....I'm really not. I have great relationships with my clients, staff, friends and family. And like I also said earlier, I was warned about some of you guys that jumped in on this thread. Pffft....trust me, I won't be losing any sleep over this, I did expect a little more from some of you though....

I honestly don't remember that and from what people who know me tell me....my sense of humor is far and beyond the normal. And I'm a huge DH fan, have all his movies and I even met the man on a few occasions. Great guy....

And like I said, if I had seen that you wrote something like that...I would have laughed and had some fun with it. But no...didn't see it. I'm not a bad guy folks....I'm really not. I have great relationships with my clients, staff, friends and family. And like I also said earlier, I was warned about some of you guys that jumped in on this thread. Pffft....trust me, I won't be losing any sleep over this, I did expect a little more from some of you though....

Ah, found it - all I did was a forum-wide search for the word "punk" posted by me and it was the first result. It was in a thread you created asking about the Ferrari carbon blade. At the beginning of the second page (link follows) you wonder if picking up a couple spare sets would be a good investment. My post was the second reply; it's amazing you didn't see it, especially since you posted again two posts later...

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/...-blade-etched-black-ferrari-lens.49515/page-2

You are correct....I just never saw it. I sometimes miss posts and messages when using my smartphone. The carbon blades are actually rather nice and weigh NOTHING. Nice pair of glasses....but would never pay $500 for them. Got mine NIB for $200+. I want to get a pair of Flak 2.0....just debating on the lens. What lens should I get!?!? HELP!! I can't make up my mind!! OH NO!!!! lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.