• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Prism Red ( Cyclops ) lens blanks

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
@Maveryq13
I believe these blanks currently are only available on an 8 base curve. So 2 problems.
1) I believe tailend is only a 6 base curve. So these probably won't work.
2) in not sure how or who can matte out the edges. But w making tape and a soothing pad I think you could DIY a frosted / matted edge yourself.

The red lenses are mirrored on the backside. Which is very unique. But makes the matting process easier.
Tail Ends are 8+ base curve....I've cut some of them lol.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Tail Ends are 8+ base curve....I've cut some of them lol.

Me too!

Hmm. Then it'll be up to thickness for me to cut and drill a pair.

Username Hidden said:
@Maveryq13
I believe these blanks currently are only available on an 8 base curve. So 2 problems.
1) I believe tailend is only a 6 base curve. So these probably won't work.
2) in not sure how or who can matte out the edges. But w making tape and a soothing pad I think you could DIY a frosted / matted edge yourself.

The red lenses are mirrored on the backside. Which is very unique. But makes the matting process easier.
Do you think the mirror on the inside would be a problem since the light wouldn't be blocked out on the sides?

I have a blasting box with very soft media, so I could matte with the right masking

Username Hidden said:
Do you think the mirror on the inside would be a problem since the light wouldn't be blocked out on the sides?

I have a blasting box with very soft media, so I could matte with the right masking
I'm not sure that I understand ur question

Username Hidden said:
I'm not sure that I understand ur question
If I were wearing a wrap style pair of sunglasses, there wouldn't be light bleeding in the sides, and I wouldn't see my eyes reflected back at me. Since the Tailend is open, I assume that could affect my view, right?

Ya. Any of these red mirror are for display only. The have a mirror on the beach that is distracting to vision! There is certainly no way Of recommend wearing them daily. Minimum is eye fatigue or "annoying reflection". At worst dangerous. I hope that helps.

Username Hidden said:
Ya. Any of these red mirror are for display only. The have a mirror on the beach that is distracting to vision! There is certainly no way Of recommend wearing them daily. Minimum is eye fatigue or "annoying reflection". At worst dangerous. I hope that helps.
Definitely appreciate the honesty. I've wanted a red lense for the Tailend for a while, and the cyclops lenses look absolutely amazing, but I'd want something to wear

Just found this thread and wow! Is there any chance you have a set of Juliet ruby lenses left for sale? I would love to buy a set. Please let me know! Thanks! - Tom

Just got the lenses installed in my Juliet's and wow! I have been wanting these glasses since the first X-men movie came out. So cool and Walter was great to deal with. Get yourselves a set! I could not be happier!

IMG_3457.jpeg

IMG_3458.jpeg

IMG_3459.jpeg

IMG_3462.jpeg

Back