• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sharing my experience | visiting LINEGEAR Japan.

(NOTE: This isn't really an enquiry thread, but an appreciation post of one of the few X-Metal dedicated stores out there๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ)

About 2.5 months ago, I had the chance the visit LINEGEAR's HQ in Tsukuba, Japan. Being a loyal customer since 2017, LINEGEAR has always serviced my X-Metals with exceptional care and precision so visiting their HQ felt like a great gesture of appreciation and experience to visit the source of workmanship.
It wasn't exactly planned, but since Tsukuba city was only 45 mins away (via express train) from Akihabara Station, it's fairly convenient to visit if you're ever in Tokyo.

From Tsukuba station, it is a 10-15 min ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ walk to their HQ. Apparently, they're not registered in Google Maps but the place is easily searchable referring to their address: ใ€’305-0051 Ibaraki, Tsukuba, Ninomiya, 1-chลmeโˆ’๏ผ’โˆ’5 ยท Japan, ใ€’305-0051 Ibaraki, Tsukuba, Ninomiya, 1-chลmeโˆ’๏ผ’โˆ’5
View attachment 1048161

Upon entering the office, I was greeted by Daisuke (owner) & his partner who definitely did not expect an actual online customer appearing right in front of their doorstep. ๐Ÿ˜† They were very surprised & flattered at the same time and quickly made me feel welcome. The funniest comment I got from them was how unbelievably young I was, because apparently all their other customers are typically 40 years old & above. And so, their first guess at my age was 37 ๐Ÿ’€ (which is 10 years off LOL). ๐Ÿคฃ

The place is definitely more of an office/workshop, but there were plenty of X-Metals glasses & lenses on display by the front desk and cabinets.View attachment 1048168View attachment 1048162View attachment 1048166View attachment 1048167

Daisuke was kind enough to allow me try the glasses he had on display. This was also my 1st time witnessing the Oakley Romeo in-person, so clearly that was the pair I immediately tried on. The Romeo felt amazingly comfortable as soon as I wore them and the eye coverage was obviously significantly better than the Juliet & Penny. I definitely understood why they are super valuable & high sought after.

View attachment 1048165View attachment 1048164

Since I'd brought my Juliet & Penny, I showed them to Daisuke and he helped to give a quick inspection. They're both fitted with LINEGEAR's 'Red Mirror-Polarized' lenses and to this day these lenses have been my absolute favourites amongst the various red/ruby 3rd party lenses I've bought over the years.
View attachment 1048163
View attachment 1048169View attachment 1048176

After spending close to an hour just chatting with Daisuke and admiring his works, I purchased some replacement rubber parts as spares for my X-Metals and Daisuke was mega kind to drive me back to Tsukuba Station just in time for my express train returning to Akihabara, Tokyo. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐ŸผView attachment 1048171View attachment 1048170

Definitely an cherished memory from my Tokyo trip. ๐ŸŽŒ
Thank you very much Daisuke for your unforgettable hospitality and having serviced my X-Metals over the last 5 years! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ
Awesome experience, thanks for sharing!๐Ÿ˜Ž

(NOTE: This isn't really an enquiry thread, but an appreciation post of one of the few X-Metal dedicated stores out there๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ)

About 2.5 months ago, I had the chance the visit LINEGEAR's HQ in Tsukuba, Japan. Being a loyal customer since 2017, LINEGEAR has always serviced my X-Metals with exceptional care and precision so visiting their HQ felt like a great gesture of appreciation and experience to visit the source of workmanship.
It wasn't exactly planned, but since Tsukuba city was only 45 mins away (via express train) from Akihabara Station, it's fairly convenient to visit if you're ever in Tokyo.

From Tsukuba station, it is a 10-15 min ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ walk to their HQ. Apparently, they're not registered in Google Maps but the place is easily searchable referring to their address: ใ€’305-0051 Ibaraki, Tsukuba, Ninomiya, 1-chลmeโˆ’๏ผ’โˆ’5 ยท Japan, ใ€’305-0051 Ibaraki, Tsukuba, Ninomiya, 1-chลmeโˆ’๏ผ’โˆ’5
View attachment 1048161

Upon entering the office, I was greeted by Daisuke (owner) & his partner who definitely did not expect an actual online customer appearing right in front of their doorstep. ๐Ÿ˜† They were very surprised & flattered at the same time and quickly made me feel welcome. The funniest comment I got from them was how unbelievably young I was, because apparently all their other customers are typically 40 years old & above. And so, their first guess at my age was 37 ๐Ÿ’€ (which is 10 years off LOL). ๐Ÿคฃ

The place is definitely more of an office/workshop, but there were plenty of X-Metals glasses & lenses on display by the front desk and cabinets.View attachment 1048168View attachment 1048162View attachment 1048166View attachment 1048167

Daisuke was kind enough to allow me try the glasses he had on display. This was also my 1st time witnessing the Oakley Romeo in-person, so clearly that was the pair I immediately tried on. The Romeo felt amazingly comfortable as soon as I wore them and the eye coverage was obviously significantly better than the Juliet & Penny. I definitely understood why they are super valuable & high sought after.

Since I'd brought my Juliet & Penny, I showed them to Daisuke and he helped to give a quick inspection. They're both fitted with LINEGEAR's 'Red Mirror-Polarized' lenses and to this day these lenses have been my absolute favourites amongst the various red/ruby 3rd party lenses I've bought over the years.
View attachment 1048163

After spending close to an hour just chatting with Daisuke and admiring his works, I purchased some replacement rubber parts as spares for my X-Metals and Daisuke was mega kind to drive me back to Tsukuba Station just in time for my express train returning to Akihabara, Tokyo. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐ŸผView attachment 1048171View attachment 1048170

Thank you very much Daisuke for your unforgettable hospitality and having serviced my X-Metals over the last 5 years! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Thanks for sharing! coincidentally, I had thought of doing the same thing: I might be going to Tokyo this year and thought of stopping by at Linegear. I just assumed they had a shop. But when I punched the address into google maps, all I saw was something that looked like an apartment building. So I thought, ok, they might not have a store and I better not come unannounced. Glad to hear that they do have an office after all.

If I get the chance to go to Tokyo, I'll shoot them a mail and see if I can stop by.

View attachment 1048161

View attachment 1048163

Argf feel sad could not meet you there

Back