• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Something BIG Is Coming!!!! REAL BIG!!!!!

Hey guys, I have the opporotunity to buy a blends Frogskins right now and need a few pointers. I need to know if they are real. The box has no sticker on it and it comes with a plain pink bag. The red flag for me is that they don't have the label on it. Do you think they are real guys?

There are fake pairs of Blends Frogskin but I have not seen one in real life, I do have the original which does have a unique label type on the end flap of the plastic Frogskin box, I think there is no possibility a fake pair could find it's way into an original labelled box so the box to me is critical in determining authenticity and to have the item complete. However, I did see an original offered from a reliable ebay seller that had no labelled box which could easily have been lost or discarded. Since most genuine pairs will still have the correct box it is the complete piece I would want if I was still in the hunt, taking into consideration there is probably not a massive discrepancy in value between a genuine pair with or without the box. The pink microbag is how this glass was released.

There are fake pairs of Blends Frogskin but I have not seen one in real life, I do have the original which does have a unique label type on the end flap of the plastic Frogskin box, I think there is no possibility a fake pair could find it's way into an original labelled box so the box to me is critical in determining authenticity and to have the item complete. However, I did see an original offered from a reliable ebay seller that had no labelled box which could easily have been lost or discarded. Since most genuine pairs will still have the correct box it is the complete piece I would want if I was still in the hunt, taking into consideration there is probably not a massive discrepancy in value between a genuine pair with or without the box. The pink microbag is how this glass was released.

Thanks alot, do you think I should buy them for 800?

Also if you don't mind, could you post a pic of yours with the box and label?

Got the BLENDS in today, they look really cool and I think they are real. Came with the pink microbag but the box had only one end tab. The other tab was gone for some reason. Also, mine has no star in the frame. Is it supposed to have a star in the frame? Thanks for anyone the helps

Got the BLENDS in today, they look really cool and I think they are real. Came with the pink microbag but the box had only one end tab. The other tab was gone for some reason. Also, mine has no star in the frame. Is it supposed to have a star in the frame? Thanks for anyone the helps

My own pair has no star on the frame. Pity the end flap is missing from your box, I take it that would be the label end which is the flap by the F of Frogskins, if you did get a genuine original it is a massive coup.

I can't upload pics so I will just describe some of the characteristics to you to see if they are real. The frames creek a little when opened and creek when I clean the lenses. The frame has pin hole sized bubbles scattered throughout and I'm not sure whether that is a characteristic of being hand made or fake. It is a real one or very good fake. Also on the back of the box, the writing at the bottom Oakley Inc. 2007 4/07 71N016. Do any of these characteristics match yours?

Can the thread hijack be over so we can patiently wait for FGG's next big thing? I love the info, but it shouldn't be here.

Latest Posts

Back