• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Split Shot leash door screw

bfeigler

Oakley Beginner
I recently got a new pair of Oakley split shot Rx, sunglasses, love, the design, incorporating the leash, the problem is one of the screws that hold the leash door in place is missing, so there’s nothing securing the door….

I am trying to find a replacement screw so that I can secure the door, don’t want to have to put tape on the door to hold it in place…

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get such a screw?

I recently got a new pair of Oakley split shot Rx, sunglasses, love, the design, incorporating the leash, the problem is one of the screws that hold the leash door in place is missing, so there’s nothing securing the door….

I am trying to find a replacement screw so that I can secure the door, don’t want to have to put tape on the door to hold it in place…

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get such a screw?
I don't think it's a screw, I believe it's more like a pin which holds the latch in place. Will have a closer look at mine when I get back. If it's indeed a pin, you can probably make a DIY.

Here's a closer look. This is definitely not a screw. More liky a rivet or a through pin. You can probably do a DIY by passing a steel wire of similar thickness through the hole and close the opening with epoxy adhesive to prevent the wire from falling out.

20231009_202835-870.jpg

Back