• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Video Games Thread

CUH-7200. The original Pro is 7000 and that’s the noisiest, 7100 is quieter and 7200 the quietest. Buy from Amazon and you should get the latest. Although hanging on for PS5 might be an idea at this late stage in the PS4 lifecycle.
Thanks a lot. Yes I was looking at the chronological releases of all the pro consoles and I observed that the 7200 was the quieter one. The update was stealth and was first introduced as part of the Red Redemption ii bundle, if I’m not mistaken.

However I want the last bundled or limited edition console launched in North America (before the current crisis). I think the last released console was Modern Warfare but I could be wrong.

I also read somewhere that the production of ps4 would remain suspended for quite some time and the launch of ps5 could be pushed back significantly.

I’m also looking at getting a Gaems guardian pro or sentinel case to make it more portable.

Perfect timing for the long weekend!

View attachment 721584

:( But good for you!

I have to wait for the PlayStation exclusive BS to wear off.....

20200413_003023.jpg

I want to get back to Midgar. They'd better have Emerald and Ruby weapon in the later releases. And it better take over an hour to beat them like the old days. :p And, they better make the snowboarding game in the golden saucer updated and on the level of SSX Tricky...a guy can hope.

:( But good for you!

I have to wait for the PlayStation exclusive BS to wear off.....

View attachment 722983

I want to get back to Midgar. They'd better have Emerald and Ruby weapon in the later releases. And it better take over an hour to beat them like the old days. :p And, they better make the snowboarding game in the golden saucer updated and on the level of SSX Tricky...a guy can hope.
Too funny about SSX Tricky, last winter I was looking for the latest version of that, only to find there wasn't anything that scratched the same itch.

Nice looking rig, is that a 2 slot or 4 RAM motherboard? Back in the days RAM disks were a big thing....and now I run a 36 GB system, and can install games entirely into the RAM disk.....blazing fast.
The drawback is when the games try and use the loading screens to tell you something, and everything loads in .4 seconds. :)

Old pic, now w/a 1080TI water cooled GPU

Updated with Fury X 50-percent.jpg

Too funny about SSX Tricky, last winter I was looking for the latest version of that, only to find there wasn't anything that scratched the same itch.

Nice looking rig, is that a 2 slot or 4 RAM motherboard? Back in the days RAM disks were a big thing....and now I run a 36 GB system, and can install games entirely into the RAM disk.....blazing fast.
The drawback is when the games try and use the loading screens to tell you something, and everything loads in .4 seconds. :)

Old pic, now w/a 1080TI water cooled GPU

View attachment 723022

It's a 2 slot. I've got 16gb in it currently. But have 32gb of RGB sticks on the way to bump it up a bit.

Very nice setup you have as well. I got this already set up a little over a year ago, don't have the time to figure out all the things I want to include on a build anymore. It's an HP Omen which I've been very impressed with out for an out of the box rig. Has an i7-8700k, an m.2 running the OS, and 2 spare HDD bays. I've got a 2tb HDD, and a 2tb SSD that I added in. Only complaint I have is the motherboard, while good, is a compact design that doesn't have a lot of expansion room. But it can handle what it's got just fine. Added a top intake fan and it stays frosty even with overclocks.

I upgraded the stock card with a 1070ti FTW3 because I didn't want to retrofit a liquid system to it. After an overclock though I'm getting benchmark scores for a 1080FE and almost scoring in a base 1080ti range. I haven't found a game yet that it won't eat at full settings. I could fit something more powerful in it but honestly I don't see a reason to pay 2080 prices for very little gain compared to this beast of a 1070ti.

Here’s my gaming pc runs mame fully
2800 arcade games.

i-9k
32 gb ram
Zota nvidia 2070
Also runs “porhub” perfectly :rofl:
View attachment 723156
Clean setup there too, you both set those up nicely.

I like the fan atop the power supply, that’s a cool touch. Nice color theme as well.

I ran my lights and sensors through Corsair Commander, and the case lighting changes based upon the GPU temperatures. :)
(I go overboard, even individually temp prob’d each RAM module for OC’ing :)

Super worth it to get big arse SSD’s and remove all “standard” spinning disks. Such a faster bootup and general performance.
If you want to store large files, get a NAS :)

Looking to buy a 4K monitor. Does anyone have any experience with the BENQ EL2870U? It’s a TN monitor I believe.

Back