• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Upstate NY Oakley wearer..

Minitraveller

Oakley Beginner
Hi everybody,
Just joined the forum. Have always liked Oakley gear and sunglasses, but only ever owned a few pairs through the years. First pair I were the spring hinged Square Wires, and second were the Half Jacket Photochromic (Asian Fit).
At the end of last year, age seems to have caught up to me and after an annual eye exam, was told that while I don’t absolutely need to wear prescription glasses, they would help, especially seeing distance in low light situations. That’s where the ‘trouble’ began, as I’ve been quickly collecting new Oakleys. LOL. First pair - Wingspans w/ progressive lenses. Then started looking around and really liked the Pitchman R in the discontinued Aurora Blue color, so am probably going to get a pair of those for everyday wear as well. Ordered a pair of Latch sunglasses w/ polarized Prizm lenses in a cool color changing color way (purple/green), but am trying to decide whether or not to keep. The are very light, but feel kind of cheap. That’s the biggest disappointment so far for me, the quality of some Oakleys seem to have gone down. Materials on the Latch feel cheap, and hinges are extremely squeaky.
What prompted me to join this forum is the following though....I stumbled across a pair of Limited Edition Deadbolt sunglasses, and haven’t been able to find much info. Will post another thread to ask about them, but, they are pretty cool, and deciding what to do with them...wear them or save them. Haha. For those of you wondering, they are Mugello MotoGP DEADBOLTS!
Enough of an intro. Oakleys are an expensive hobby!

Hi everybody,
Just joined the forum. Have always liked Oakley gear and sunglasses, but only ever owned a few pairs through the years. First pair I were the spring hinged Square Wires, and second were the Half Jacket Photochromic (Asian Fit).
At the end of last year, age seems to have caught up to me and after an annual eye exam, was told that while I don’t absolutely need to wear prescription glasses, they would help, especially seeing distance in low light situations. That’s where the ‘trouble’ began, as I’ve been quickly collecting new Oakleys. LOL. First pair - Wingspans w/ progressive lenses. Then started looking around and really liked the Pitchman R in the discontinued Aurora Blue color, so am probably going to get a pair of those for everyday wear as well. Ordered a pair of Latch sunglasses w/ polarized Prizm lenses in a cool color changing color way (purple/green), but am trying to decide whether or not to keep. The are very light, but feel kind of cheap. That’s the biggest disappointment so far for me, the quality of some Oakleys seem to have gone down. Materials on the Latch feel cheap, and hinges are extremely squeaky.
What prompted me to join this forum is the following though....I stumbled across a pair of Limited Edition Deadbolt sunglasses, and haven’t been able to find much info. Will post another thread to ask about them, but, they are pretty cool, and deciding what to do with them...wear them or save them. Haha. For those of you wondering, they are Mugello MotoGP DEADBOLTS!
Enough of an intro. Oakleys are an expensive hobby!

Welcome to the forum!

Aloha. Welcome to the Forum. Happy to have you aboard. :welcome:

IMG_3892.gif

Materials ...feel cheap, and hinges are extremely squeaky.
Welcome.
What an unfortunate experience for someone “new”, who knows how it used to be...
Lux is now mostly an expensive embarrassment.
I wonder how many Latches will be around in 20 yrs...
Still plenty of the “good stuff” around to tempt you.
Happy hunting!

Back