• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watches Other Than Oakley

I’ve posted it on here before. Heuer 1158 CHN, as gifted to Ferrari F1 drivers during the 70s when Heuer was a sponsor of the team. There are some decent returns to be had with the right vintage watches. This was a beneficiary of tool watches in precious metals not being much in fashion at the time I bought but the connection with F1 and Ferrari in particular being so strong.

View attachment 827570
That is beautifully, tasteful time piece.

041a1a8a35f65822fb4e70bc3b14d5fa.jpg

No, we could handle them but they weren't letting us take them away :( They wouldn't let us snatch some of the boxes of vintage dials either!

Here's Jack Heuer again in the museum on a 2013 trip.

View attachment 853134
What a job, great inspiration.
My favourite Tag would still be Monaco worn by Steve Mcqueen, I think it sold for £2,000,000 +

What a job, great inspiration.
My favourite Tag would still be Monaco worn by Steve Mcqueen, I think it sold for £2,000,000 +
Not a huge fan of the Monaco, I’ll take one of the 1158s like mine but actually issued to a Ferrari F1 driver. TH themselves bought Ronnie Peterson’s, for about £230,000.

I’ve been trying to find the pic of the Alis in the trays, but failing. I didn’t take it myself but I know who did and that hasn’t helped. Your watch might even have been amongst them, who knows!

Latest Posts

Back