• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Water Transfer Group Buy - Part 2

Did anyone who participated in this have any issues when putting the lenses back in? I had a pair of Frogskins done through a different vendor but whenever I've gone to put the lenses back in the print has chipped off straight back to the original frame. What methods were people using to avoid this?

Did anyone who participated in this have any issues when putting the lenses back in? I had a pair of Frogskins done through a different vendor but whenever I've gone to put the lenses back in the print has chipped off straight back to the original frame. What methods were people using to avoid this?

Both my sets of lenses went into both my Hijinx without a problem. Having said that the coating had well & truely hardened off. The quality of the work on them is so good you would think they are OE work. The only thing I did was to warm the frames up over the cooker to try to aid with the fitting.
I had some Fuel Cell's done by a company in Wales & the work was no where near the quality of that carried out by the company that BW sent them to. I had trouble installing the lenses in the Fuel Cells even after warming up the frame & even after installation the coating chipped off for a couple of weeks. I had to touch them up & I am now thinking of taking the print off if I can.

My lenses went in good but the ends of my earstems on my Flaks are already peeling off and the black is showing through already, kinda disappointed after such a long wait but i guess its not that bad?

Both my sets of lenses went into both my Hijinx without a problem. Having said that the coating had well & truely hardened off. The quality of the work on them is so good you would think they are OE work. The only thing I did was to warm the frames up over the cooker to try to aid with the fitting.
I had some Fuel Cell's done by a company in Wales & the work was no where near the quality of that carried out by the company that BW sent them to. I had trouble installing the lenses in the Fuel Cells even after warming up the frame & even after installation the coating chipped off for a couple of weeks. I had to touch them up & I am now thinking of taking the print off if I can.

I'm intrigued by what you did to them on a cooker? I've heard about warming them a little to make the plastic more pliable but cooking them! You put them in the oven? On top of a hot oven? On an electric hob? I'd be too scared to do anything like that, they'd catch fire!

My lenses went in good but the ends of my earstems on my Flaks are already peeling off and the black is showing through already, kinda disappointed after such a long wait but i guess its not that bad?

That sounds like a basic adhesion problem like you'd have with an FMJ finish. Trying to get something to stick to plastic isn't easy, it takes a few techniques to get it to hold.

I'm sorry to hear that JOBEN. Maybe certain frames and finishes aren't as durable as others.

Batwolf, any plans for Round 3? We have a good deal more members and there may be several that would like to get in on this (with subtle changes like money up front, hard deadlines, etc).

Also, I'd like to hear from anyone who's been using their water transfer pairs on a more regular basis and see if we can't get some feedback on durability.

Latest Posts

Back