• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Weight Issues..

Ha getting a double wide up the stairs is the only reason I did not purchase one when I had the chance. I thought I would be moving out soon for college and it was large I would never be able to use it. So I will buy one when I get my own place for good.

I aint leaving this house for at least 5 more years! :p

they are pretty heavy for your size it might crush you if you try to lift it by yourself..try to get some help. at least two or three of your buddys...

I never planned on lifting or carrying it by myself what so ever! Just wanted to put my size for everyone to know in case they said its a one man job. I will most likely get some neighbors to help or hire movers as doowatchyalike said!

Whoever would tell you lifting something that big is a one man job is stupid. NEVER lift anything that big by yourself.

That being said, the Black Doublewide is actually really light after taking out the glass shelves and the mirrors. After using some mats under the legs to help slide it around i was able to move it from one end of the house to my office (single story, wood floors) by myself. I'm 5'9", 220 :tongue:

I dunno about getting it up a flight of stairs. You might really piss off your parents if you scratch paint or dent walls :lol:

Whoever would tell you lifting something that big is a one man job is stupid. NEVER lift anything that big by yourself.

That being said, the Black Doublewide is actually really light after taking out the glass shelves and the mirrors. After using some mats under the legs to help slide it around i was able to move it from one end of the house to my office (single story, wood floors) by myself. I'm 5'9", 220 :tongue:

I dunno about getting it up a flight of stairs. You might really piss off your parents if you scratch paint or dent walls :lol:

AMEN to that ^ If i hire someone or get some other guys to do it then it should be fine. I didn't think the glass and mirrors added so much weight! Ill let you guys know around 4 o'clock tonight what the deal is (its 7:40 AM where i am)

Be careful about the movers. The companies i used to work for hired Bekins and a couple others for office moves and those guys don't give a sh*t about your belongings or facility. That's why they have insurance. If they damage something, they just go through insurance. They're all making minimum wage and could care less about what happens to things that aren't theirs.

"Weight issues.."

When I read the title of your thread I thought you were going to say that you were getting to fat ...

:blink:

Back