What am I missing with these?

I have, the business/pleasure to me look like any other brand. The Gigawatt look like Scars...just super limited, and the jigawatt look like straight out of Oakley's catalogue.

I kinda expected to find more unique/stand out designs.

giphy.gif

Only recently even saw the M experiment section, trying to figure what's new or even interesting about them?
Seems like a small range of updated Scars etc? I know it's by the founder of Oakley, but can't see anything really new or innovative about the designs? Or am I missing something?
So far Jigawatt is my favorite although I am getting close to pulling the trigger on Gigawatt as they resemble my Flak 1.0 (although I have moved into bigger models such as Encoder).

Great designs aren't pumped out in the masses as that is the direction Lamexotica has moved to. Oakley used to design greatness when owned by Jim. I feel M-Experiment will achieve great things and produce wild styles we come to know and love (i.e. Romeo, Medusa, Mars, OTT, etc). Give it time and you will likely be pleasantly surprised

I have, the business/pleasure to me look like any other brand. The Gigawatt look like Scars...just super limited, and the jigawatt look like straight out of Oakley's catalogue.

I kinda expected to find more unique/stand out designs.
Inspired by renders that would eventually become the Scars as we know from when he owned the company, that's why. If you look at the drawings from the Oakley anniversary book you can see where the M-Experiment came from, in many ways it's closer to the original concept.

The price point, the build quality and cerakoted versus painted at much more affordable pricing. I would say the lens clarity is the same (at least to me) which again is a plus given the price point. The blaze and the glacier lenses are a lot darker hues than sapphire or modern ruby. They are more in line with old school ice and 1st gen Ruby in the X-metal line. I ordered two Jigawatts for a little more than one full price Kato, and with better build quality. :cool-33:

Only recently even saw the M experiment section, trying to figure what's new or even interesting about them?
Seems like a small range of updated Scars etc? I know it's by the founder of Oakley, but can't see anything really new or innovative about the designs? Or am I missing something?
You could probably say the same about Lux and Oakley these days. I would say small steps as they grow. This is how Oakley started in 1975.

Latest Posts

Back