• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whats better than 10? 11. New case

AlanH

I should Work at Oakley
Added my 11th case today. Love the classic black cases.

20200816_120933.jpg
Screenshot_20200815-231753_Chrome.jpg

I have the same case but missing the glass door. I’m having glass door envy. For all of you Oakley case fanatics out there...anyone know of a good game plan to find a replacement glass door for this case? Congratulations on #11.

I have the same case but missing the glass door. I’m having glass door envy. For all of you Oakley case fanatics out there...anyone know of a good game plan to find a replacement glass door for this case? Congratulations on #11.
Its a plexiglass door. I had one cut for this same case I got back in January when I picked it up with a Doublewide in the same series.
I can give you the measurements for the door if you like, lock positions and all.

That would be great. I’m new to the site so it’s my understanding that I can’t get PMs until I earn my stripes or pay. What types of places cut plexiglass? What did u do for the hardware?

@FlakJacket90

My measurements for the factory door on the cabinet are as follows:

18 1/4 inch wide by 43 1/2 inch long.
Door lock position to center for them to drill are 1 and 7/8 to center from the tall side. From the top down to center of the lock position is 5/8. If they drill in that area a cam lock can be put on without issue. I had a door cut a while ago with very similar measurements because the last one didnt have a door either.

Untitled-1.jpg

That would be great. I’m new to the site so it’s my understanding that I can’t get PMs until I earn my stripes or pay. What types of places cut plexiglass? What did u do for the hardware?
My local glass shop cut the door for me. I brought them the door from an existing cabinet to get the thickness since the single and double wides have the same thickness door. Then to get the lock positions off that door and put them on the corresponding measured door I gave them information for.

For locks Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Lowes all carry cam locks on site or you can order them through amazon. Door hinge and handle hardware I can look up what I had.

@FlakJacket90

My measurements for the factory door on the cabinet are as follows:

18 1/4 inch wide by 43 1/2 inch long.
Door lock position to center for them to drill are 1 and 7/8 to center from the tall side. From the top down to center of the lock position is 5/8. If they drill in that area a cam lock can be put on without issue. I had a door cut a while ago with very similar measurements because the last one didnt have a door either.

View attachment 777008
And the 5/8 to center is from the outer edge of the door appropriately.

@AlanH this info is great. It’s nice to be able to get info so that I’m not looking like Wile E. Coyote. Yes some of you may have to google Wile. I’m looking forward to the day I can help someone else on this site. And I look forward to the door hinge and handle info too. Thanks!

Back