• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where to buy Oakley's and use VSP insurance? Online or Retailer?

Hey Chris, I've been a lurker on Oakley forums for years but I don't have enough posts to private message you.

I'm ready to purchase some prescription Oakley's and I have VSP insurance. I was hoping you could help me out. Can you PM me a phone number so I can call you and get this moving? Thanks!
Same issue here haha. @Chris A Hardaway one thing I was wondering - is it possible to get Oakleys with non-Oakley (i.e. Transition Brand) transitions? I see they just introduced transitions that are both mirrored and polarized a few months ago...two big features the Oakley version do not have...would love to combine the two if possible.

Same issue here haha. @Chris A Hardaway one thing I was wondering - is it possible to get Oakleys with non-Oakley (i.e. Transition Brand) transitions? I see they just introduced transitions that are both mirrored and polarized a few months ago...two big features the Oakley version do not have...would love to combine the two if possible.

I spoke to VSP over the phone about benefits and was advised to buy the lenses, then submit for reimbursement. I should qualify since I have had LASIK and my coverage allows sunglasses after that.

PM sent

What’s the best way to contact you? I can’t send PMs.
Let me know when you can. I don't run an online website. So it's PMs here to get the ball rolling. In the mean time gather the info you will need. Frame, lens color preferences, Rx and PD measurement. I'm taking single vision lens requests only. Cheers!

I don’t mind sharing here. Looking for options for my 16 year old for baseball. -3.5 OD and OS. PD-29/31. Clear lens. He prefers Radar EV, Flak, or Half Jacket, but something with good visibility and works for his rx. I don’t like the idea of sacrificing peripheral vision with their edge approach.

I don’t mind sharing here. Looking for options for my 16 year old for baseball. -3.5 OD and OS. PD-29/31. Clear lens. He prefers Radar EV, Flak, or Half Jacket, but something with good visibility and works for his rx. I don’t like the idea of sacrificing peripheral vision with their edge approach.
That RX would work well in a flak 2.0xl or half jacket 2.0xl. clear RX w stealth anti Glare. He really won't sacrifice anything with that RX on the true edge.. It'll be like 5% of the very edge is blended. :)

I could certainly help w that job, but not if you can't accept the edge tech. The alternative is incredibly thick lenses. Or flat glasses w way less protection and peripheral vision anyway. Because they're flat and a lot of light comes in through the sides.

That RX would work well in a flak 2.0xl or half jacket 2.0xl. clear RX w stealth anti Glare. He really won't sacrifice anything with that RX on the true edge.. It'll be like 5% of the very edge is blended. :)

I could certainly help w that job, but not if you can't accept the edge tech. The alternative is incredibly thick lenses. Or flat glasses w way less protection and peripheral vision anyway. Because they're flat and a lot of light comes in through the sides.
Thanks for the reply. The best examples I can find online showing the peripheral vision impact of Edge are from 5-6 years ago, and apparently Oakley has further developed the approach. Do you have any pics or links to what it means today? Also, can you also do the Radar EV in that rx?

Thanks for the reply. The best examples I can find online showing the peripheral vision impact of Edge are from 5-6 years ago, and apparently Oakley has further developed the approach. Do you have any pics or links to what it means today? Also, can you also do the Radar EV in that rx?
I'm not really familiar with the Rx in shield like radar EV. But generally I don't like the way they look.. The cut out Rx portion is very small. So not a job I want to stand behind. Google "Oakley Rx radar lenses" they turn out like that.

The technology is polished at edge of Rx lenses so you can't see the "limit" but also it depends on Rx. More Rx, more blended off edge... I.e. -5.00 will be limited more than a -3.50.

I'm not really familiar with the Rx in shield like radar EV. But generally I don't like the way they look.. The cut out Rx portion is very small. So not a job I want to stand behind. Google "Oakley Rx radar lenses" they turn out like that.

The technology is polished at edge of Rx lenses so you can't see the "limit" but also it depends on Rx. More Rx, more blended off edge... I.e. -5.00 will be limited more than a -3.50.
Thanks. I saw the rx radar lenses on YouTube, but it’s hard compare the rx portio to flak. Is there anything that can add a bottom rim to the flak to give it more support in case of an impact?

If you are able, you can email me at my username @ hotmail to avoid the noise here.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back