• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which case is this? I need the ballast for it.

Thank you almost a year later....

We were all waiting
3ee156c8cb119cce10968d6bfbce6a3e.gif

View attachment 1021912View attachment 1021913
Here is the OEM balast and the one I replaced it with.
Could you show me a picture of the complete setup now that the new ballast is in? I got mine today and am no electrician... either I got the wrong ballast or just do not see how it all fits.... A full visual would help allot Like the picture you show of the old oem ballast is what I need! TYIA

it gets wired up exactly like the OEM ballast. There is a wiring diagram at the link below.
Dimensions are there too, @Spdrcr881

here, @XxRuMKaxX

It's not the same ballast as you bought but it should be wired up the same or very close. Most have wiring diagrams on the sticker... surprised if yours doesn't. The ones I got are the exact same specs as the oem ones. I've tried others that weren't able to provide enough power for the size tubes these cases use and they performed like crap

eff it.... I followed the diagram and it tripped the powerstrip ... then the ballast made a little light show... Now nothing works and the I called an electrician... this is where I was not given skills... never been good with wiring anything! Hopefully I can get on the electricians schedule before christmas :(

eff it.... I followed the diagram and it tripped the powerstrip ... then the ballast made a little light show... Now nothing works and the I called an electrician... this is where I was not given skills... never been good with wiring anything! Hopefully I can get on the electricians schedule before christmas :(

Is this for the lower lights?

your wiring diagram is on the label in the upper right corner. To the left of the model number is where you can see what tubes this ballast can drive. Send pictures of how you have yours wired. I've replaced 5 ballasts in my cases over the years

61IxedIBheL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Is this for the lower lights?
Yes it is the lower lights.... so I got the diagram off the ballast and followed it to the letter ... I ran the red to one socket wire then split the red and ran it to the second from there then there were two blue wires I ran to each of the other sides sockets and the white and black to where it showed. Grounded the green with no success... I think I friend the ballast... there was a pretty good pop and spark from it. That happened when all I could figure was tripping the strip was maybe having the black and white reversed but Im guessing they were right the way I had them or the ballast would not have shot that impressive spark

Yes it is the lower lights.... so I got the diagram off the ballast and followed it to the letter ... I ran the red to one socket wire then split the red and ran it to the second from there then there were two blue wires I ran to each of the other sides sockets and the white and black to where it showed. Grounded the green with no success... I think I friend the ballast... there was a pretty good pop and spark from it. That happened when all I could figure was tripping the strip was maybe having the black and white reversed but Im guessing they were right the way I had them or the ballast would not have shot that impressive spark
yea you most likely blown the ballast. Here are the ones I replaced my ballasts with

Back