• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Top metal cover needed

Deadhead87

Oakley Beginner
What’s up Display case homies. In need of a cover for my display case. Does anybody have one I could purchase? Attached is a picture of the case. If anyone has any ideas how I could replace it let me know. I went to lowes and didn’t really find anything of size. Thanks guys. I appreciate everything so far.

looking for that top cover or replacement option. Thanks

IMG_0706.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

You can measure that top section and have a piece of acrylic cut to lay on top. If you're only concerned with containing the light, you could probably cut a piece of cardboard, wrap it in tin foil, and lay it on top. You'll make brighter light inside the case doing that.

You can measure that top section and have a piece of acrylic cut to lay on top. If you're only concerned with containing the light, you could probably cut a piece of cardboard, wrap it in tin foil, and lay it on top. You'll make brighter light inside the case doing that.
I thought about the acrylic and that would be a last resort. Id like to get a thin sheet of metal and paint it matte black, maybe even tin sheet. I figured I asked the experts first. Thank you for the suggestion. I’ll keep you posted.

I like the light coming out of the top of my towers, but I can eliminate that by laying a sheet of tinfoil over top of my lighting.

I like the light coming out of the top of my towers, but I can eliminate that by laying a sheet of tinfoil over top of my lighting.
The lighting doesn’t bother me. I want to be able to put something on top but also try to get it to be as complete as possible. Even with a makeshift sheet metal part on top.

That’s
You can go to Loews or Home depot and buy sheet metal and cut it to fit exact opening and drill screw holes to hold it down. Sheet metal is very easy to cut. Good luck
the plan. Id really like to try to get the actual cover for it but yeah, I think sheet metal is the way im going to have to go. Thanks

Another option is ACM(aluminum composite material), you could most likely buy a scrap piece from a local sign shop. It has thin aluminum faces with a plastic core. Very easy to drill and it comes in black. You could make a paper or cardboard template with hole locations and give that to the sign shop. It would most likely be cheaper easier than buying sheet metal and cutting it down yourself.

Back