• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal obsession potentially?

AP81Tex

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Hello all... Been lurking on here for some time now. I was an Oakley nut back in my teens and twenties. I can still remember the first time (it happened twice because I'm stupid) I saved up money from reffing youth soccer games to buy my first pair of T-Wires only to have them fall off while on our family boat that same summer into the lake. I actually cried. My parents laughed and said "they are just sunglasses" until I told them how much I paid for them and then I got a very different response. I got into the X-Metal craze and had Juliets, Pennys, and XS but sold all of them over time as my taste changed. What a mistake that was. Now in my early 40's I've been craving X-Metals all over again as our move to Texas in the fall of 2021 from the Pacific NW means I pretty much wear sunglasses daily. That combined with my obsession with playing golf 2-3 times a week year-around (couldn't do that in Oregon LOL) means I can finally get use out of them. I came across @SEAN WAYNE by chance and he's gotten me two beautiful pairs of XS and am now on the hunt for some Romeo 1's. Hopeful goal is to have a couple pair of each of the 8 models as finances allow (with hopes they look similar enough that the wife doesn't notice). Really excited to see a community still so involved and in love with the X-Metal line and it's nice to know you can have them refinished/repaired as needed so these will last forever. Sure wish Oakley would reconsider this line again but maybe it's for the best as it allows those that truly appreciate it to cherish it in its rarity.

Back