• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Serial Number

If it was carbon, how would the sku survive other than by masking it off which you would then still have the carbon finish around the sku numbers

Got anymore pics, @hardflipe?
If one uses a less abrasive blasting compound and don't spray the area of the SKU too much you are able to remove the Carbon finish without removing the SKU completely.

Last edited:
If one uses a less abrasive blasting compound and don't spray the area of the SKU too much you are able to remove the Carbon finish without removing the SKU completely.

I’ve seen many pairs where the serial was preserved but they were just masked. why would someone save a sku anyway?

If it was carbon, how would the sku survive other than by masking it off which you would then still have the carbon finish around the sku numbers

Got anymore pics, @hardflipe?

Yep. Posted some, maybe someone with more knowleadge can help me identify if its real. The seller told me he doesn't know about any restoration of the frame, but maybe the sku was done again. The guy is a person of good reputation on the X-Metal scene here in my city, and buys and sells a lot of oakleys, but who knows! X-metals still goes hard here in Brazil so there's a lot of fake ones outthere.
Thanks for the help and sorry for the bad english!

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

Yep. Posted some, maybe someone with more knowleadge can help me identify if its real. The seller told me he doesn't know about any restoration of the frame, but maybe the sku was done again. The guy is a person of good reputation on the X-Metal scene here in my city, and buys and sells a lot of oakleys, but who knows! X-metals still goes hard here in Brazil so there's a lot of fake ones outthere.

View attachment 1083096

View attachment 1083097

View attachment 1083098

View attachment 1083099

View attachment 1083100

View attachment 1083101

View attachment 1083102

View attachment 1083103

View attachment 1083104

View attachment 1083105

View attachment 1083106

View attachment 1083107

View attachment 1083108
Legit for sure but customized to X Metal finish.

View attachment 1083096

View attachment 1083097

View attachment 1083098

View attachment 1083099

View attachment 1083100

View attachment 1083101

View attachment 1083102

View attachment 1083103

View attachment 1083104

View attachment 1083105

View attachment 1083106

View attachment 1083107

View attachment 1083108
I'd say it ticks the boxes. The hexhead bolts are there, the colour is genuine X Metal, the earstems(although missing the ear socks), look sculpted and refined. The nose bridge looks rigid and the pins look mint. Plus the earstem code matches.
Where are the original Ruby Iridium lenses, though?

Last edited:
I'd say it ticks the boxes. The hexhead bolts are there, the colour is genuine X Metal, the earstems(although missing the ear socks), look sculpted and refined. The nose bridge looks rigid and the pins look mint. Plus the earstem code matches.
Where are the original Ruby Iridium lenses, though?
Is a torx called a hexhead in Europe?

Latest Posts

Back