• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XG**028 XX Ti0 24k Hated or love it..

If there's another XX with 2 number serial to compare side by side...
What about this...
Polish_20220905_183400751.png

What about this...
it is clearly differnt to number 51 from my earlier post :

also there is a JB with two digit serial in the same thread:

and a two digit carbon juliet:

and a 3 digit serial xmetal juliet that looks way closer to the 2 digits from the earlier post (diferent to your picture):

a further indicator:
Serial #XT000132
Had a #XX00004? but left it in a greazy cafe and noone knew what I was talking about when I came back for them. The only Oakleys I ever lost I could not find!

it is clearly differnt to number 51 from my earlier post :

also there is a JB with two digit serial in the same thread:

and a two digit carbon juliet:

and a 3 digit serial xmetal juliet that looks way closer to the 2 digits from the earlier post (diferent to your picture):

a further indicator:
This is true... That one I lost was a full serial with no stars... the J with the lower serial number and no stars is making me think the star serials are indeed (tear dropping) faux. Still holding out hope those XX will appear again one day!

I have seen asterisk Serials but they don't look the same. Similar but not the same, who's to know though, as there is not a similar pair to compare?

Sample of a known limited release with #
1662447732520.jpeg

Some low full serials...
IMG_20200920_132555.jpg
IMG_20200921_230645.jpg

Sample of a known limited release with #
I never found anything indicating the AMG serial was made inhouse other than the fact it exists (my knowledge is very limited as I rely on what I can dig up on the net) - ... The suspicion that the AMG was "serialized" by a third party has been mentioned and not contested for a few years now on the forum (I remember reading somewhere else about it but could not find it)... I have been interested in buying one of those and passed on the opportunity due not beening convinced it was inhouse (which as impact on the value for me).

concerning the star symbol we can throw the mars jordan serial into the mix, which looks very diferent:
Unbenannt.png

I never found anything indicating the AMG serial was made inhouse other than the fact it exists (my knowledge is very limited as I rely on what I can dig up on the net) - ... The suspicion that the AMG was "serialized" by a third party has been mentioned and not contested for a few years now on the forum (I remember reading somewhere else about it but could not find it)... I have been interested in buying one of those and passed on the opportunity due not beening convinced it was inhouse (which as impact on the value for me).

It was done by Oakley for AMG which is why you have the same fonts and generally the same spacing. Oakley back 20 years ago was very protective of the branding and was not accustomed to handing out blanks and telling others ‘here, etch whatever you want on our product’. Otherwise you would have a etching that said ‘This is a Luxottica joint’. They could not stop anyone from doing it after the fact, but they would not agree to giving blanks knowing what would be done to it.

Latest Posts

Back