• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Advice on keeping Juliets from sliding off face

BatChao

Oakley Beginner
Hi! I have a pair of Juliets that are pretty old, but I did get them tuned up maybe 5 or so years ago and haven't worn them much since then. They have always sat a big large on my head, though. They go on fine and are comfortable, but when I do things such as tilt my head down or if I take them hiking, or even if I just walk around wearing them, they begin to slide forward off my face and I have to push them back up. They nose bridge is really loose on one side, but the earstems are pretty tight. I am planning on sending them in to the X-Man for another tune up but these glasses have honestly always worn a bit big on me. I was wondering if anyone had any solutions to try and keep them on my face. I have tried putting a bit of putty behind where the earstem closes in and meets the eye socket, which works, but looks really tacky. I've also thought about just getting some of those rubber ear holders that latch onto your ears, but I feel they look a bit tacky too. Was wondering if anyone had anything else I could try. Thank you!

I believe they are '15' (at least that is what is imprinted on the rubber - sorry I'm super new to everything!). I had no idea there were even different sizes of these! If there are, I would definitely try that. Thank you!

A couple of other factors to consider, if you have short /shaved hair where the stems have contact, and they still slide, the earsocks need a good cleaning. I personally clean rubbers by removing from the frame, and washing with hot water and dish soap. of you have thicker/long hair where they are coming in contact, it wouldn't matter much I guess but having clean earsocks/nosepads do help/

A couple of other factors to consider, if you have short /shaved hair where the stems have contact, and they still slide, the earsocks need a good cleaning. I personally clean rubbers by removing from the frame, and washing with hot water and dish soap. of you have thicker/long hair where they are coming in contact, it wouldn't matter much I guess but having clean earsocks/nosepads do help/
clean rubbers? i thought they were one use only. damn, all the money i could have saved over the years.

Back