• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aluminum Display Case - Polish Product Review

Use 000 steel wool and you will be much more satisfied.

I started on a corner of my RX Tower using 400 grit then Mothers. Like you said, theres a slight ring around the rivets that was left untouched because i was trying to go with the grain. Going to try some Dremel action this weekend with buffing wheels then polishing wheels.

I started on a corner of my RX Tower using 400 grit then Mothers. Like you said, theres a slight ring around the rivets that was left untouched because i was trying to go with the grain. Going to try some Dremel action this weekend with buffing wheels then polishing wheels.
This is a slippery slope. I predict you’ll end up attempting to polish that and get ducked into polishing way more than originally intended. As stated before the brushed look of the tower with 000 is more accurate and easier to maintain. Hope it comes out the way you wish.

Progress update so far on my RX tower...

BC156B54-B462-4B78-B1C2-6AAA1141C6FD.jpeg

This is one side that is untouched.

40BFB138-F494-412C-B4A0-0960B44D9F78.jpeg

This is a different side after using a Dremel with a 300 grit polishing wheel and then Mothers Mag Polish on the corners. Also used Sheila shine on the panels. This side didn’t have as much browning of the aluminum as the first picture.

اهلا

According to my "Google Translator" add-on,it means "welcome"

If you don't have this add-on,I would recommend it. As long as you're using a browser that supports it of course.

Thanks; I've used google translate but at the time this was posted almost four years ago I didn't care enough to make the effort, IIRC.

Latest Posts

Back