• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bored Prototype Tech at work

Glad you approve of the craftsmenship and quality for a first sample. 2 and 3 are this week. I’m fighting some old iridium issues on new lenses and currently 0 for 3 but I have an expensive last ditch effort on a violet lens so we’ll see how it pans out. I didn’t have this issue with the fire iridium lenses at all.
Its excellent!!
Yes hopefully those issues get resolved for you . Definitely a painful thing to watch your hard work go away .

Its excellent!!
Yes hopefully those issues get resolved for you . Definitely a painful thing to watch your hard work go away .
I agree... he's doing such great work. @F80Phil
I know at least a few members on the forum have seen an old Ice blank Ive cut go wrong. It's nothing he's doing. That's for sure.

I agree... he's doing such great work. @F80Phil
I know at least a few members on the forum have seen an old Ice blank Ive cut go wrong. It's nothing he's doing. That's for sure.
I don’t think it is either how ever I don’t take failure lightly even if it’s not by my hand. The film I have is the last attempt. After that I’ll walk away knowing I threw everything in my bag o tricks at it. I’m beginning to think it literally is coming down the edge finish before de masking and the only reason I say that is I was paying attention to the area that peeled this last time vs the pics I sent you earlier. I’ll micron this one up to 1 micron ( 14k grit ). I’ll update you on how the peel turns out. Can’t say I’ll go as far as a baby slash that’s pushing it.

Well after yesterdays tribulation and run away iridium coatings I managed to pull off this beautiful violet iridium vented heater. Mind you yea it still has peeling in areas but the last ditch effort saved the day. I wanted to show it Off yesterday with a 24k heater with slash holes in the brow but yea. Enjoy.

IMG_3159.jpeg

IMG_3160.jpeg

IMG_3161.jpeg

IMG_3162.jpeg

IMG_3164.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg

IMG_3166.jpeg

IMG_3167.jpeg

Well hopefully it’s available on the market being a prototype tech I have access to well the exotic stuff for situations like this if you know what I mean lol. But is 3m scotchcal masking film.

Back