• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Contacted by someone that was scammed!

Patrick Gutierrez

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Miami Florida
Hey all, I got a text from someone in the Phillipines claiming that I had some Oakley metals that he got scammed out of. He told me a long story and I gave him the name, number and address of who I bought it from. There is a chance that this person I bought them from might have done something shady. I still don’t understand why someone would mail some very expensive glasses to someone that only made partial payment. I feel bad for this gentleman, but I don’t want to or can afford to lose my money either. I said I would be willing to help him any way I can, but what can I really do? I purchased them in person and paid part cash, part Zelle! Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Unfortunately you can only protect yourself in this situation.

We should all put the checks in place and use legitimate payment methods to cut down the risk of being scammed.

I can’t see what you can do to help.

It’s not up to you to reimburse the original seller or make amends, it’s a hard learned lesson for them.

Last edited:
Hey all, I got a text from someone in the Phillipines claiming that I had some Oakley metals that he got scammed out of. He told me a long story and I gave him the name, number and address of who I bought it from. There is a chance that this person I bought them from might have done something shady. I still don’t understand why someone would mail some very expensive glasses to someone that only made partial payment. I feel bad for this gentleman, but I don’t want to or can afford to lose my money either. I said I would be willing to help him any way I can, but what can I really do? I purchased them in person and paid part cash, part Zelle! Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
hmmmmm sound complicated and dodgy.
It happens in the Philippines to be honest.

Back