• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

Same. I hardly ever get sick. I never got flu vaccines and the one time I did was the most I ever had been sick.
As for covid, my girlfriend and I live together in a 1500 sq. ft. townhome. Impossible to isolate. She got covid, all the symptoms. She's fine now. Nothing ever happened to me. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I am the same way, almost never get sick (knock on wood) but am terrible with the flu vaccine so I don't take it. My thinking is out of every flu season that I have been in the USA I had the flu maybe once and it sucked, so 1:24 ratio. Every time I've taken the flu Vaccine including 'Rona I have been sick for at least 2 days. so, 5:5 ratio.

Now, the above stats are for me. I took the Pfizer Vaccine because I have kids that can't get vaccinated and interact with my in-laws and my Mom and don't want to be the one to get them infected. Please don't misread this as me saying that the vaccine is an end-all. The vaccine is a layer of protection and spread mitigation. Coming from a security background, when you secure your home, you don't call it "locked-down" by just locking the front door and leaving the windows and side doors open. You enable layers of protection by locking all doors + windows, drawing shades, turning on alarms, setting the perimeter booby traps, unleashing the hounds, initiate life model decoys, and activate the pain generators.

Yeah I am the same way, almost never get sick (knock on wood) but am terrible with the flu vaccine so I don't take it. My thinking is out of every flu season that I have been in the USA I had the flu maybe once and it sucked, so 1:24 ratio. Every time I've taken the flu Vaccine including 'Rona I have been sick for at least 2 days. so, 5:5 ratio.

Now, the above stats are for me. I took the Pfizer Vaccine because I have kids that can't get vaccinated and interact with my in-laws and my Mom and don't want to be the one to get them infected. Please don't misread this as me saying that the vaccine is an end-all. The vaccine is a layer of protection and spread mitigation. Coming from a security background, when you secure your home, you don't call it "locked-down" by just locking the front door and leaving the windows and side doors open. You enable layers of protection by locking all doors + windows, drawing shades, turning on alarms, setting the perimeter booby traps, unleashing the hounds, initiate life model decoys, and activate the pain generators.
I completely get it. At this point, we're mostly confident the vaccination is better than nothing.

Most of the hesitancy is due to aggressive directives that are constantly being thrown at us, when we're still learning about it. It's OKAY to admit you don't know something, but working to understand. The biggest problem is the blind allegiance vs. skepticism war going on. Time will tell who is right, but until then, no one really knows the best course of action. Unfortunately, the very nature of science is it's meant to be questioned, and we live in a time where that's politicized and stigmatized.

"Follow the science, man."
We all are. It keeps changing.
"Science evolves, man."
Then shut the f up and leave me alone until you actually know something more than 3 months.

I really don’t want this to happen to America. Is there anyone here that thinks this is ok? That you have to show a passport from now on to do simple things like going to a grocery store? Yet everyone made a big deal about showing an ID to vote:

Unfortunately, anything you give the government, history has shown you never get it back; The high water mark becomes the new standard. I don't think coupvid is going away; there's too much power and money behind it.

Unfortunately, anything you give the government, history has shown you never get it back; The high water mark becomes the new standard. I don't think coupvid is going away; there's too much power and money behind it.
If more people pushed back it wouldn’t happen. But so many people just give in without question. They are going to require you get a booster shot forever to have an updated passport. The Left didn’t trust big Pharma before, now all of a sudden they are all in. I mean this is it, this is the last stand for a free country. The government controls all aspects of your life after this if this happens.

If more people pushed back it wouldn’t happen. But so many people just give in without question. They are going to require you get a booster shot forever to have an updated passport. The Left didn’t trust big Pharma before, now all of a sudden they are all in. I mean this is it, this is the last stand for a free country. The government controls all aspects of your life after this if this happens.

The only herd immunity we've achieved is herd cowardice.

The only herd immunity we've achieved is herd cowardice.
@Kingme
I've said for a long time:
I'm not religious, but I see the value in it. This is what happens when you remove God from society; people will replace sky daddy with government daddy. Politics are a religion to people now, and people incapable of thinking for themselves need to be led.

Back