• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crowd-source Designed - Lets Take It Back To Sculptural Art Wrapped In Science.

yeah but nanowires basically are how all Maui-Jim glasses have been made. i mean the nanowire like was internally known as project MJK, or Maui Jim Killers (Monster_beetle, 2012).

maybe we can come up with a new way of holding the seperate lens pieces together? that would be cool. i was visualising a really TRON-esque style- like as close to a hovering shield in front of your eyes as possible. im trying to come up with a design to hide the nosebombs/nosepads so that it looks more "clean". still deciding which way to go with earstems..
Would small clamps work in holding the lenses together? Maybe a way to clamp them but still be able to remove the lenses for a lens swap? Earstems may match the clamp styling. Maybe no stems at all a la Morpheus' glasses. LOL

I like that idea. What do you think can be used as a lens base?

because of the outer edges, probably want bigger area to work with. maybe a radar pitch or a batwolf, something shield esque and pretty big?

Would small clamps work in holding the lenses together? Maybe a way to clamp them but still be able to remove the lenses for a lens swap? Earstems may match the clamp styling. Maybe no stems at all a la Morpheus' glasses. LOL

yeah i was thinking small clamps. i will go do closeup sketches of my ideas... and yeah i would love no stems, but was that design even possible.. HOW?! did it pinch the skin on your nosebridge or what?

btw can i just take a moment to thank everyone in this thread for contributing. I hope us as a community can come up with something really cool and something we all appreciate, and if we can somehow make Oakley see that we want a new direction, good things will come.

because of the outer edges, probably want bigger area to work with. maybe a radar pitch or a batwolf, something shield esque and pretty big?

yeah i was thinking small clamps. i will go do closeup sketches of my ideas... and yeah i would love no stems, but was that design even possible.. HOW?! did it pinch the skin on your nosebridge or what?
I'm thinking it was a really tight nose bridge clamp system.

OR

Some kind of sticky pads. But I can't see this working with sweat/skin oil.

hahaha.... mine as well. i think nobody liked my concept....
I think those could be accomplished with O Matter as the frame. Only issue is the limited peripheral views with the lens so narrow.

yeah i dot think it was a sticky thing. unless the guy had a pair of sunnies superglued to his face for that movie haha!
Thing is, the clamp system might hurt when they're worn for a long period of time. LOL

Back