• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

It can, but like @BoostBear said, the donors have a couple of flat spots. So there’s really no margin for error. I got a slight gap on both lenses. Not enough to let light leak in, but still annoying for someone who‘s OCD.

It can, but like @BoostBear said, the donors have a couple of flat spots. So there’s really no margin for error. I got a slight gap on both lenses. Not enough to let light leak in, but still annoying for someone who‘s OCD.

Are you referring to flak draft or straightlink?

Straightlink. I’ve got a pair of Flak Draft that I’m sure I compared to Split Jacket and they wouldn’t have worked. That’s why I went with with Straightlink.

Ok that's what I thought. I was pretty sure flak draft is way to narrow

So theres no donor lense for split jackets then?
There's a few, but not a whole lot that are still being produced aka readily available
Matching 8.75 BC
Big Taco​
Plaintiff SQ​
Jawbone​
Racing Jacket​
Shock Tube​
Toric not 8.75
Jawbreaker​
M2 XL​
Batwolf​
Turbine​
Turbine Rotor​
Radar XL​
Radarlock XL​
Radar EV​

Maybe possible if Handcut - Very Tight - Gaps Possible - Polar etching may not be fully retained
Straightlink​
Hijinx​
Gauge 8L​
Fast Jacket XL​
Crosshair 2012​

Has anyone ever tried putting the 1st gen Tens lens ( 56mm x 37mm BC 8.75 ) into an XX XM frame? The lens shape profile seems so similar between the two, and from what I read the XX is just under 1mm shorter/narrower than them.

I ha
Has anyone ever tried putting the 1st gen Tens lens ( 56mm x 37mm BC 8.75 ) into an XX XM frame? The lens shape profile seems so similar between the two, and from what I read the XX is just under 1mm shorter/narrower than them.
I haven’t tried it but I can check them side by side 👍🏼

Sounds like it would work though

Latest Posts

Back