• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Earpiece for Vintage M Frame Needed

Vic W

Oakley Beginner
Greetings,
Please forgive me if there's a parts for sale forum, but I couldn't find one.

I'm in need of an earpiece for my circa 1999 M Frame. Half the earpiece (from the front section) is intact. I need the rear half.

Color isn't too important, but for what it's worth, my color is root-beer. I'm told my model is OO9064 (no numbers are visible on
the frame).

I'm assuming an "ear sock" is a rubber cover alone. Mine has a plastic tip that extends beyond the rubber section at the end. It
seems integral to the ear piece, but if not I need both the plastic frame and sock.

Any help finding a compatible 1/2 ear piece would be highly appreciated!!

Thank you!
Vic

tempImageE81nD9.png

Greetings,
Please forgive me if there's a parts for sale forum, but I couldn't find one.

I'm in need of an earpiece for my circa 1999 M Frame. Half the earpiece (from the front section) is intact. I need the rear half.

Color isn't too important, but for what it's worth, my color is root-beer. I'm told my model is OO9064 (no numbers are visible on
the frame).

I'm assuming an "ear sock" is a rubber cover alone. Mine has a plastic tip that extends beyond the rubber section at the end. It
seems integral to the ear piece, but if not I need both the plastic frame and sock.

Any help finding a compatible 1/2 ear piece would be highly appreciated!!

Thank you!
Vic

View attachment 1073133

If the temple arm is in two pieces, that means it broke. You just need another temple arm. If that pair in the pictures is the one you’re referring to, that’s not rootbeer, it’s fmj red.

If the temple arm is in two pieces, that means it broke. You just need another temple arm. If that pair in the pictures is the one you’re referring to, that’s not rootbeer, it’s fmj red.
Thanks so much!! Where might I find a temple arm for these? I just checked eBay. I'm not sure about compatibility with more recent versions of the M Frame, but don't see the pointed-end version mine has on the other side.

Thanks so much!! Where might I find a temple arm for these? I just checked eBay. I'm not sure about compatibility with more recent versions of the M Frame, but don't see the pointed-end version mine has on the other side.

I checked eBay as well and didn’t see any separate temple arms for sale either.

I’m sure someone here has a spare arm for an m frame but you will need to meet the exchange requirements (if you haven’t already) before you can post a looking to buy thread.

OK, yes, I understand. It's going to be tricky for me to make 15 posts, unless we're reaching them as we correspond...

I just looked at the attachment point for my old M Frame. It doesn't exactly seem user serviceable. The pivot isn't a screw. Just a post of some kind. Now I'm concerned that even if I find a temple arm that I'll need some attachment parts and knowhow. I just checked Youtube for a vid, but came up short so far.

OK, yes, I understand. It's going to be tricky for me to make 15 posts, unless we're reaching them as we correspond...

I just looked at the attachment point for my old M Frame. It doesn't exactly seem user serviceable. The pivot isn't a screw. Just a post of some kind. Now I'm concerned that even if I find a temple arm that I'll need some attachment parts and knowhow. I just checked Youtube for a vid, but came up short so far.

They snap into place. There’s no screws involved

Similar to this:

That's great. I tried it and confirmed. Thanks again! Now allI need is the temple piece. The hard part awaits ... Finding it.

There is a
That's great. I tried it and confirmed. Thanks again! Now allI need is the temple piece. The hard part awaits ... Finding it.
There is actually a pin on the underside that needs to be removed. I have replaced the pin before, but never removed one.

There are two different versions of the M Frame. Some have pins and some just snap in and out. My 2 cents is just try to find a new frame. Going to be tough to find an arm.

Back