• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

eBay ghost bidders

Did the AG reply to you? Or his eBay account just disappeared?
AG said they were looking in to it. AG and Ebay do not report back as to their findings, so you never really know the out come. Of course the deleted account can just be opened again under another user name, same as the shill bidders. Unless they can nail the IP address. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I am not super computer savvy, but if I had a nuc available I know where I would set it off!!!

AG said they were looking in to it. AG and Ebay do not report back as to their findings, so you never really know the out come. Of course the deleted account can just be opened again under another user name, same as the shill bidders. Unless they can nail the IP address. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I am not super computer savvy, but if I had a nuc available I know where I would set it off!!!
A VPN will thwart that. Hell I have 30 or 40 ips I can use right now, and an ebay account under a gmail or similar is virtually impossible to tell.

Despite the good feedback, this guy feels fraudy.
I was conveniently outbid in less than 5 seconds left. "Sold" for $561 last night, and relisted today for $825.. the exact same pair.

Screenshot_20210621-183402.png

Screenshot_20210621-183417.png

Screenshot_20210621-183331.png

Screenshot_20210621-183438.png

I think thats the guy from Venezuela. Purchased twice from him. All good. As far as I know. I did the buy it now though.

Thats not true. Lots of ways they do it, but our resident shill bidding douche bag, goes the easy way. You post an item and you want $750, so you just do an automatic bid at $750. Every time you bid you are out bid by the auto bid. You won't win it till you bid higher than the auto bid. If the shill bidder (seller) ends up winning it, then he just makes an excuse, non payment, buyer backed out, what ever. He then just relists it, to start all over again. As demonstrated by a pair of denim Frogs, currently in the exchange. These were listed at least three times, they were only won by the shill bidder (who of course is the seller), hence they are now here for sale.
Its basically setting a reserve with out paying the fees, AND it is a federal crime, with jail time attached. Unfortunately it is hard to pin them down as they have a fake account, something Ebay doesn't care about as they make their money no matter what. But the Attorney General cares. And with enough proof the douche bag looses his Ebay account, as demonstrated. Jail time unfortunately didn't happen, but Karma, karma MF'r..... karma!

I bid on a medicine cabinet case from this seller once but never beat the shill bid price. Then watched it be relisted 5 or 6 more times before it truly sold.(if it even did)

Looks like another shill. Exact same XS serial number, description and photos. Reposted at an insane price

0BC70177-832F-4D3B-AA0E-256C36050219.png

Back