• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FREE Sunglasses Stands!

I like free stuff! Although a lot of work to design, the plastic maybe cost $3 or $4 per 5 teir stand. So $5 or $6 plus shipping (for electricity and time) should be more than acceptable.

That's why I'm giving mine away. I've had this one up to 9 tall before it started feeling unstable with wires, but they can try it out for themselves and see. Doesny sound like people want to go more than 4 anyways haha

(Ugly statement was a joke, laugh and move on)

I like free stuff! Although a lot of work to design, the plastic maybe cost $3 or $4 per 5 teir stand. So $5 or $6 plus shipping (for electricity and time) should be more than acceptable.

That's why I'm giving mine away. I've had this one up to 9 tall before it started feeling unstable with wires, but they can try it out for themselves and see. Doesny sound like people want to go more than 4 anyways haha

Where's the cost of the 3D printer in this? If you're using someone else's, are you paying them for the wear and tear for their printer?

Looking into other people's wallets is annoying, you should stop doing that.

Seems to hold onto the glasses pretty well. This is a pic of me grabbing it from the center post and shaking it full of glasses. Not falling apart or losing glasses.

It's fairly tight, but they'll come back apart if you want them to.

Weight distribution is tilted back like the original.

20191127_092329.jpg

20191127_092451.jpg

Seems to hold onto the glasses pretty well. This is a pic of me grabbing it from the center post and shaking it full of glasses. Not falling apart or losing glasses.

It's fairly tight, but they'll come back apart if you want them to.

Weight distribution is tilted back like the original.

View attachment 679067

View attachment 679072

That's wires...those are feathers, do it with X-Metals.

You're giving away your design and I respect that. But don't get it twisted, the time to print them is worth more than $2. So you probably don't have multiple printers running 24/7 powering a small business but for someone that does, time is money. I'm sorry I can't give away my time and print them for everyone for free but I have a business to run.

This is a great option though for people that have their own printer and don't want to be bothered with designing their own stand. So thanks for that.

Yes, You're right.. My CR-10 S5 Cost $350 new... (on sale)sure... But my friends ask me to print stuff for them all the time. It's not a big deal. Why would I charge them more than what I pay for plastic.. (filament) Cheap stuff is $15 bucks a roll, and I've made 3, 5 tier stands on half a roll.
I'm not here to dig in peoples pockets guy, I just love sharing with people and greatly appreciate the help I've got from most people on the forums!

Wasn't expecting people to get hostile for me giving things away ? crazyness

So print it out and try it yourself? Geese... lol what have you got to loose?

Back