• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FREE Sunglasses Stands!

Sorry Guys, Already have an update. Thanks for the positive feedback. Here is an updated Rip system to help keep the glasses on better with an extended nose stem for the larger glasses. (my 80's blades with larger Rubber nose ridge fit well now! ) It's updated on the Thingiverse link.

View attachment 679670
I have mine in stacks of six! They are amaze-balls!!

I heard glasses like the jawbreakers and some other larger ones bump into each other because the stackable spines are short for them. If anyone can show me how much they need to be adjusted, I'll add a file

I heard glasses like the jawbreakers and some other larger ones bump into each other because the stackable spines are short for them. If anyone can show me how much they need to be adjusted, I'll add a file
I had to adjust some of mine for Heaters and **** like that. I think I gave it an extra 15mm or so to get them to work.

I found these some months back. I cleaned out the seller of these black stands. No name, symbol, or number. Nothing to indicate where it was manufactured. I bought 5ea. 5 tier and 5ea. 4 tier stands. I found out after that it was stackable and I could change the height. It looks a little similar to what you have here. But the base is different, and its molded plastic. I love using these because it gives me easy access to all my pairs. I wear 'em all. And like @SiRacer420 's stand, it's wide enough for X-metals and bigger frames.

IMG_9292.jpeg
IMG_9296.jpeg
IMG_9297.jpeg
IMG_9314.jpeg
IMG_9315.jpeg
IMG_9316.jpeg

I found these some months back. I cleaned out the seller of these black stands. No name, symbol, or number. Nothing to indicate where it was manufactured. I bought 5ea. 5 tier and 5ea. 4 tier stands. I found out after that it was stackable and I could change the height. It looks a little similar to what you have here. But the base is different, and its molded plastic. I love using these because it gives me easy access to all my pairs. I wear 'em all. And like @SiRacer420 's stand, it's wide enough for X-metals and bigger frames.
Yeah, those are injected plastic. That's cool!

Wonder where they came from?

Is my free design not wide enough to fit x metals? Interesting.. I have my x², R2, and pennies on it just fine.. the new x (madmand/badman) fit ok. Too with the updates, but can always use improvements!

@Ironranger88 just some quick input.
I have not gotten around to using your design yet but it might help if the lowest tier closest to the base starts closer to the base as @SiRacer420 's does.
It helps shift the center of gravity lower down making the stand a bit more stable; especially when it comes to your stackable option.

@Ironranger88 just some quick input.
I have not gotten around to using your design yet but it might help if the lowest tier closest to the base starts closer to the base as @SiRacer420 's does.
It helps shift the center of gravity lower down making the stand a bit more stable; especially when it comes to your stackable option.
Well, even stacked 7 tall it's not unstable yet... so... but, it depends on needs too.
Are you trying to stack metals, wires, or eye shades. Lots of variable there.

There are 3 options for spine length. I added a shorter one the other day, so it just depends on what you want to add for your first length. Short, regular, or the tall guy.

Well, even stacked 7 tall it's not unstable yet... so... but, it depends on needs too.
Are you trying to stack metals, wires, or eye shades. Lots of variable there.

There are 3 options for spine length. I added a shorter one the other day, so it just depends on what you want to add for your first length. Short, regular, or the tall guy.
Your 3 options would cover all the "bases"......literally.

Back