• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskin Lenses

Splishsplash

Oakley Beginner
I ordered 4 “authentic” Oakley lenses from eBay. I received them and all 4 sets of lenses appear to be authentic, however they are all too large for all 4 of my frogskin frames. I’ve replaced lenses in the frogskins before, so I’m aware of the amount of force it takes to change a lens, all of these lenses are too large by a large margin.

ebay seller: oakleyservices09

lenses ordered:
Brand New Authentic Oakley Frogskins Replacement Lens Prizm Black Iridium | eBay

I also ordered the ruby iridium for frogskins from the same seller and they were also too large.

The seller “oakleyservices09” has 100% positive feedback and is allowing me to return the lenses. He asked me the sku of my frames and said they should fit, but they are not even close to fitting.

I guess I’m just wondering how this can be? How can these lenses that are supposed to fit, a seller have positive feedback, even on the same lens I purchased, but these lenses don’t fit any of my 4 frogskin frames all with similar sku/sizing specs?

I was hopeful to get some replacement lenses for cheaper, I found it very odd that all 4 even in different colors were all a miss in 4 different frogskin frames. 🤔🤔

attached is the original lenses that came out of the frogskins on top of what I received from oakleyservices09.

thanks for any help.

5ACE64A4-1491-4937-8A96-53ECC4C36F94.jpeg

0AC2A5E2-CDFE-4212-B6DA-10E3967BA8F6.jpeg

86431DDF-C635-4FD1-B537-B1D423C8FE33.jpeg

055B1AF7-33FE-48C3-8A82-227BF6D2F398.jpeg

963B8B8E-08CE-4B61-AC53-625DB86B821D.jpeg

49A73A63-E438-4F26-BD91-A54174975A74.jpeg

If the lenses are OEM, they should fit in your standard Frogskins frame. The only problem I’ve had is when dealing with Gen 1 frames , but it doesn’t sound like that’s the issue you’re facing.

The lenses in your pic are quite larger then the ones on top, so I have to wonder if the ones you got on eBay are in fact OEM. Good thing he agreed to a refund...

same here..
20201116_052158.jpg

both regular froggies but different lens shapes..
good thing it is not too big so it fits both frames..
i thought before, all lenses generally would be the same but no..

Are all standard Frogskins lenses the same size and shape?
Gen.1 to current Models?

I have just bought a Gen.2 Frame and both lenses are too small. Not sure if lenses are OEM. Seller is no help.
So I was wondering if someone has bought new Lenses for the frame and was not aware of the size issue.

Here the Frame and the lenses it came with.
Lenses are about the correct shape but at least 2mm too small in hight.
889290C8-5B02-4AFF-AB0F-EF367D906BE1.jpeg

have you tried to put it in?the lenses on my earlier post, although they are not exactly the same shape, but could fit in the frame just the same..

have you tried to put it in?the lenses on my earlier post, although they are not exactly the same shape, but could fit in the frame just the same..
Yes, they came installed backwards. Now they are completely loose and rattle.

Back