• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Full review X-metal Jordan Mars vs MUZM Mars limited edition

My pair went back today....

There were just too many points in the 'reason not to keep' list to justify keeping them, mainly the price. Spending this amount on them should have left me feeling nothing but delight with them but this hasn't been the case.
The final straw was being told there would be no support for them going forward, should there be any future issues....

My pair went back today....

There were just too many points in the 'reason not to keep' list to justify keeping them, mainly the price. Spending this amount on them should have left me feeling nothing but delight with them but this hasn't been the case.
The final straw was being told there would be no support for them going forward, should there be any future issues....
That’s sad

Any confirmation yet?
No, there has been no confirmation so likely it is a floating number. Could be anything really. I would guess at least a few hundred judging from how many were being hocked on eBay.

For the record, mine are gone as well. And I am totally fine with that and no regrets. The price on these just made no sense for what they are. Low eBay price at $3000 is not selling. I can’t imagine paying that for them. Crazy.

No, there has been no confirmation so likely it is a floating number. Could be anything really. I would guess at least a few hundred judging from how many were being hocked on eBay.

For the record, mine are gone as well. And I am totally fine with that and no regrets. The price on these just made no sense for what they are. Low eBay price at $3000 is not selling. I can’t imagine paying that for them. Crazy.
I got one from Solefly or Bodega, I can't remember.
I will keep it for some time, for display.
If or when I sell it, it will go for the same amount paid ($2300 + Tax + Shipping), but it won't be anytime soon.
It is hard to hear how many people are returning them, I guess the price plays an important part on that, pretty sure if the price would have been closer to $1000 more people will keep their Mars despite the defects.

I got one from Solefly or Bodega, I can't remember.
I will keep it for some time, for display.
If or when I sell it, it will go for the same amount paid ($2300 + Tax + Shipping), but it won't be anytime soon.
It is hard to hear how many people are returning them, I guess the price plays an important part on that, pretty sure if the price would have been closer to $1000 more people will keep their Mars despite the defects.
Agree with you - $1000-$1200 and these would have been a winner.

At least these have been possible for collectors to obtain, unlike the Romeo/Juliet set....

Agree with you - $1000-$1200 and these would have been a winner.

At least these have been possible for collectors to obtain, unlike the Romeo/Juliet set....

I’m sure this is the last metal too. The others don’t really have the pull to be worth it.

I could maybe see them doing a run of just Juliet’s for a more realistic price, but it would be a surprise

LMAO how guys thought these would be scalpable at all... A couple sold but after eBay bends the seller over in fees they didn't profit more than $100. I love the guy that bought three and expects to get $3700 😂 (no names mentioned) I am not innocent of making money on some of these releases because a buck is a buck but I try to balance the karma with good deeds and being helpful. What really cracks me up is I would never tie up $2300 in funds to make $1-200 😜

After the dust settles and it is... The Mars release was for those guys who have a real love for the Mars to the point it makes sense for them to have it in their collections. Lux stuck it to us in price which in a way made them available for those collectors to get one and leave very little room to profit from so with that said I congratulate those who have them and want to show them off.... That coin gets me hard every time I see it LOL!!!!

LMAO how guys thought these would be scalpable at all... A couple sold but after eBay bends the seller over in fees they didn't profit more than $100. I love the guy that bought three and expects to get $3700 😂 (no names mentioned) I am not innocent of making money on some of these releases because a buck is a buck but I try to balance the karma with good deeds and being helpful. What really cracks me up is I would never tie up $2300 in funds to make $1-200 😜

After the dust settles and it is... The Mars release was for those guys who have a real love for the Mars to the point it makes sense for them to have it in their collections. Lux stuck it to us in price which in a way made them available for those collectors to get one and leave very little room to profit from so with that said I congratulate those who have them and want to show them off.... That coin gets me hard every time I see it LOL!!!!
I agree 100% i think those that love the brand and really wanted a mars would be satisfied but also a little disappointed that there is no serial to differentiate them from one another because without the coin and the box they are probably less desired than a larry restored pair or an original in original condition but to a lot of collectors that doesn't matter because they never anticipate selling them and the coin and presentation make them a nice display so more power to them.

on the other hand those who purchased to scalp are trying to sell them on ebay for ridiculous money i feel like they are going to lose out big time and maybe even see the value drop below retail after fees etc as the ambiguous number released and lack of serial does not promote the scarcity demanded for such a high price

Back