• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glasses other than oakley?

You have their 501 also, correct? Oval lenses without the edges and a bronze patina frame.
Correct, 501 (now X2, watch this space), 502, and 503.

You may understand:

Old Guy Rides
Feb.23/19

Chapter One
"I'll be back for muffins"

I'm geared up for a cold, pre-spring afternoon 'Cross bike ride.
It's Saturday, and it's my reward for an intensely stressful week.
She knows. There's something really bothering me, and I've shut her out of helping me heal.
"Get out!", pleads the racer in my head.
Scream a playlist in my ears...jam a leather apparatus into my dark regions. Make my legs cry. Rage at the connected masses playing their four-wheeled pinball game.
"I'll be back in a bit", I mumble dejectedly to my long suffering wife, "an hour, or two, or four, maybe two weeks...or more"
"??????Don't say that!!!!!", she laments.
"I don't have any credit cards in my jersey", I explain, not quite knowing how my fondest dream and I could run to 'Vegas for even a long weekend without the plastic.
"Do you have your iPhone?", she advises helpfully. "I can come and get you, if you want".
"You'd come retrieve me from Las Vegas?", I say, out loud.
"No, but if you have a flat..."
"I do have my 'cards on ApplePay", says I, now formulating a "Escape Plan B"...maybe Guadeloupe.

I reach for the door to leave, helmet in hand.
"The muffins should be ready soon", she says seductively.
"I'm making those blueberry yoghurt muffins you like."
I glance back over my shoulder to see her watching me clip in, and I wink back to her,
"I'll be back for muffins."
-30-

Correct, 501 (now X2, watch this space), 502, and 503.

You may understand:

Old Guy Rides
Feb.23/19

Chapter One
"I'll be back for muffins"

I'm geared up for a cold, pre-spring afternoon 'Cross bike ride.
It's Saturday, and it's my reward for an intensely stressful week.
She knows. There's something really bothering me, and I've shut her out of helping me heal.
"Get out!", pleads the racer in my head.
Scream a playlist in my ears...jam a leather apparatus into my dark regions. Make my legs cry. Rage at the connected masses playing their four-wheeled pinball game.
"I'll be back in a bit", I mumble dejectedly to my long suffering wife, "an hour, or two, or four, maybe two weeks...or more"
"??????Don't say that!!!!!", she laments.
"I don't have any credit cards in my jersey", I explain, not quite knowing how my fondest dream and I could run to 'Vegas for even a long weekend without the plastic.
"Do you have your iPhone?", she advises helpfully. "I can come and get you, if you want".
"You'd come retrieve me from Las Vegas?", I say, out loud.
"No, but if you have a flat..."
"I do have my 'cards on ApplePay", says I, now formulating a "Escape Plan B"...maybe Guadeloupe.

I reach for the door to leave, helmet in hand.
"The muffins should be ready soon", she says seductively.
"I'm making those blueberry yoghurt muffins you like."
I glance back over my shoulder to see her watching me clip in, and I wink back to her,
"I'll be back for muffins."
-30-
I read this to my wife, she rides 'bikes. She really enjoyed it as did I. The four wheeled pinball leader!

33487048538_73b73a4cd5_c.jpg

40397778413_b58276a4f1_c.jpg

Clayton Franklin 501, Oakley Prizm Trail by The OC @Chris A Hardaway
This frame is more "Platinum", (as Oakley would call it), than my 501 in "bronze".

Back