• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How do you Order and Display your Collection?

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Traditionally, I've always sorted and displayed my collection generally according to "model" e.g. X-metal section - Romeos, Juliets, Gascans, Frogskins, Jawbones or "collections" e.g. B-1b, Ferrari, Ducati or customs e.g. @SoulFulFrog, @jdd32 superhero, @THE X-MAN metals.

But recently I've been thinking to perhaps organise them according to lens colour, because although I have my "go to" pairs, I do select them based on weather conditions. I generally don't interchange lenses around too much, so this could be an option. The only thing I don't really like about this method is that it's hard to keep track of the "models" I've got and I'm not sure I'd like the "randomised" frames look.

Is this a good idea?

Why/Why not?

Traditionally, I've always sorted and displayed my collection generally according to "model" e.g. X-metal section - Romeos, Juliets, Gascans, Frogskins, Jawbones or "collections" e.g. B-1b, Ferrari, Ducati or customs e.g. @SoulFulFrog, @jdd32 superhero, @THE X-MAN metals.

But recently I've been thinking to perhaps organise them according to lens colour, because although I have my "go to" pairs, I do select them based on weather conditions. I generally don't interchange lenses around too much, so this could be an option. The only thing I don't really like about this method is that it's hard to keep track of the "models" I've got and I'm not sure I'd like the "randomised" frames look.

Is this a good idea?

Why/Why not?
There’s not much order to my display, since I basically just buy what I like and don’t stick to much to sets, all my oil rigs, gen 1 and 2 sets are almost complete. If I choose to finish those later down the line I may add some organization. Mainly just head turners and daily wears on one set of shelves and all my others I wear occasionally on one set.

You don't want to know how I order mine. This closely resembles my arrangement. Pics from
How many X- Metals do you have?

DSC_4646.jpg

DSC_4645 - rotated.jpg

But why?! Couldn’t that be potentially damageing to some of the frames? I’m assuming those lenses are also already beat up and that’s why they are all stacked like that (hopeing)

Lol I took those pics a few years ago as a practical joke - they were all stacked carefully for the fun of it. And yeh, lenses were toast. But to the point, I haven't had the time or space to arrange anything in a non-chaotic fashion. Put simply, my place would drive some of you guys with OCD completely mad!

:lol:

Gimme your single tower and help me organise them better!
When I come and visit you in Sydney one day, you better keep a close eye on me. Because a few of those Romeos might go missing, and you wouldn't even know it!!! HA HA HA!!

It makes your custom accomplishments even more amazing, when you see how your customs started out in life.

Both of my only 2 cabinets I own are crowded. I tend to keep my favs in my 3.0 (this one in the photos) organized from most important at the top down. My other cabinet the metal one.. (I'll have to find a picture)... I keep things I'd sell or trade. Or even paint over. Not sure why I do it that way but I guess I like the 3.0 more. View attachment 410029
20171113_134050.jpg
20171113_134126.jpg
20171113_134106.jpg
20171113_134054.jpg
20171113_134122.jpg
20171113_130338.jpg
20171113_134043.jpg
20171113_134116.jpg
20171113_134059.jpg
20171113_134108.jpg
20171113_134057.jpg
20171113_134113.jpg