• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Intro from Jeroen (Jay) and a "how do you track your collection"- question.

Hi everyone,

My name is Jeroen (Jay for non-Dutch :)) and I have been an Oakley enthousiast for decades.
I bought my first Oakley (e-wire) when I was around 16 for the absurd price of $299. Around the time that the X-metal Mars was released also. Nearly 30 years later I still have it (the e-wire, not the Mars unfortunately :() in used but pretty good shape; including the original box with the metal "plate" that closed the inner box.

My first e-mailadres was oakley1242@hotmail.com (and the 1242 was, as far as I can recall the number where the original HQ was situated; I even had a black Oakley baseball cap with 1242 embroidered on the back) Hence my nickname; a sort of tribute to that :)

About 3 years ago I decided to dig up all the Oakleys I have and put them in a nice original Oakley showcase and show them instead of let them catch dust. Due to the fact I had prescription glasses the collection wasn't that impressive but still I was glad it was up for display.

Since then my collection has grown and there isn't a day I'm not scouring the internet for parts or missing (old) models.

I'm really curious at all the enthusiasts here, and probably impressed by the collections.

Which leads me also to my first question: how do you track your collection? I'm juggling with a spreadsheet and Apple notes which somehow does the trick, but maybe you have suggestions. Preferably something which can be edited on a Mac and iPhone.

Hope to hear and learn from you all :)

With kind regards,

Jeroen (Jay)

Welcome Jay.

I use a spread sheet housed in Dropbox, in case of a total loss. It's a terrible thought, but still there is the potential for fire, theft, or other damage. I'm also working on keeping updated pictures of my collection. Let's see some pics of your collection!

Back