• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How much are these worth

Call me cheep but I would not buy that frame for $300,-
No good frame = 85,-to fix
No Lenses = 85,-
No Rubber = 35,-
No tight Nose = 85,-

As mint $425,- on the other hand would be ok for me.

So according to your math with a starting price of $300 for a frame that needs tune up after subtracting all the values you have listed the frame should only be $25??

Do the math and tell me I'm wrong.

I agree. Looks like it needs a tune, earsocks are covered in dna, the bombs are missing and we have no idea what the OP means by a few scratches.

The only thing youā€™re wrong for is not buying it for me, but you still have time to right your wrong

So according to your math with a starting price of $300 for a frame that needs tune up after subtracting all the values you have listed the frame should only be $25??
Please read all posts.
I just would not buy that Frame for 300,-
I would buy that Frame for 425,- if mint.

Do the math and tell me I'm wrong.
Usually a custom job is around $100 or so and includes a tuneup. (There are obvious exceptions to this)
Lenses, if you buy donors are $60ish. Rubbers - OK, I'll say $35, but a lot of folks have spares lying around.

There's extra value in a beater as people want to do customs, but don't want to ruin a good frame. A $250 beater XX would sell in a few minutes. A $300 beater would most likely sell in a few days. (Hence why I gave a "range" to my prices.)

Would you buy at $250? How about $275? šŸ¤”

I did read ur posts ... even a beater XX that needs a complete overhaul would be in the neighborhood of $250 ish.... unless values have completely plummeted .. but I donā€™t think by that mich ....

Usually a custom job is around $100 or so and includes a tuneup. (There are obvious exceptions to this)
Lenses, if you buy donors are $60ish. Rubbers - OK, I'll say $35, but a lot of folks have spares lying around.

There's extra value in a beater as people want to do customs, but don't want to ruin a good frame. A $250 beater XX would sell in a few minutes. A $300 beater would most likely sell in a few days. (Hence why I gave a "range" to my prices.)

Would you buy at $250? How about $275? šŸ¤”
NO

Latest Posts

Back