• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How much are these worth

Usually a custom job is around $100 or so and includes a tuneup. (There are obvious exceptions to this)
Lenses, if you buy donors are $60ish. Rubbers - OK, I'll say $35, but a lot of folks have spares lying around.

There's extra value in a beater as people want to do customs, but don't want to ruin a good frame. A $250 beater XX would sell in a few minutes. A $300 beater would most likely sell in a few days. (Hence why I gave a "range" to my prices.)

Would you buy at $250? How about $275? 🤔
You know I can only speak for myself.
I have no Tune-Up Pro. in Germany to refinish the Frame.
So I have to send the frame to UK.
Same with lenses.
I have no extra Rubber laying around.
Only god know what els is wrong with it.

So no, the math is no good for me.

I did read ur posts ... even a beater XX that needs a complete overhaul would be in the neighborhood of $250 ish.... unless values have completely plummeted .. but I don’t think by that mich ....
Yes they have plummeted if you have any send my way for $175 TIA

Here some deals in my backyard:
New Tune-Up
Near perfect lenses.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-27 um 21.56.52.png

Mint.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-27 um 21.54.05.png

So why should I mess around with a 300,- beater.

We all know how few scratches on the frame and the lenses will irritate us.
It will force you to do something about it :lol: ... then 160-180,- gone
And who want's that DNA from the rubbers, so you gonna change them as well
If you buy for 300,- then you're up to 500,- And it will not be original finish anymore....

Here my kind of deals.

Half-X full Set never worn $120,-
XX 24k never worn $250,-

View attachment 697020
I'm sure we can all put up pics of great deals we have gotten in the past, but that doesn't change the value of a frame.
Beaters almost always sell for more than the sum of the work plus the frame cost due to the value of someone wanting to customize a frame and not wanting to ruin a frame that is in good shape.

With that said, I'd like to offer you $350 for the 24k. That's almost a 40% profit!

We in Europe stick together, so... 355,- here !!
You're free to buy that XX X-metal frame for 400,- and customize it :biggrin:

Back