• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How should Feedback be handled (Threads vs. Feedback System) - Cast your Vote!

What Feedback System Should be Used on the Forum?

• Current Feedback System

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Thread Based Feedback System

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
There's been a decent amount of discussion around how to best handle feedback in order to protect members on the forum. To provide some context - This is regarding feedback from exchange deals performed.

Note: The forum is not involved in any deals, and you should always do your due diligence before purchasing. All disputes should be tried to be solved offline by all means (PayPal disputes etc.) before using the forum. Feedback in either option below should only contain facts from the deal - Trolling/Flaming/Doxing will not be allowed.

Will leave the poll open for 7 days before we take the decision

There are two options currently on the table:

1) Current Feedback System
How it works: Feedback is left through the feedback system which requires a Deal URL and the specific member you are leaving the feedback for. This information is validated through the site (e.g you can't leave feedback for members that don't exist due to mispellings etc.).​
Pros(P)/Cons(C)​
  • P: Feedback appears on each members profile, and can be easily accessed on their profile and is shown in exchange profile
  • P: A feedback score is calculated / generated for each member showing an aggregate view of a member
  • P: Mutual Feedback allows for members to leave feedback for each other without seeing the others before they submit (e.g solves retaliatory feedback where you leave negative feedback so in turn someone leaves negative feedback for you)
  • C: Two way dialogue/Open discussion between members is not facilitated

2) Proposed Feedback Thread System
How it works: A new section of the forum will be created for "Deal Threads". Members will create a thread to leave feedback for a member/deal and can discuss the feedback using facts from the deal to be viewed by anyone for reference.​
Pros(P)/Cons(C)​
  • P: Feedback discussions can occur, allowing for public disputes/responses to negative feedback (Flaming/Trolling/Doxing will not be allowed, only facts can be posted)
  • P: Additional detail on a deal can be included in a thread vs. Feedback
  • P: Members can search the "Deal Threads Forum" for applicable usernames/deals to view any feedback,
  • C: No aggregate score/view for a member, members are required to search the threads and read each to view feedback

Feel free to post any other Pros/Cons/Thoughts for either system in the comments below!

I prefer thread base but the only bad thing is that someone can just make a random thread and link it to the post and give rep. My only negative was that way :/

There is no true way of being protected, unless you use F&F or pick up in person. I say get rid of the feedback system as it give a false sense of security.

There is no true way of being protected, unless you use F&F or pick up in person. I say get rid of the feedback system as it give a false sense of security.
Unless there's a better plan, I don't agree with getting rid of something that is suppose to help both buyer and seller. But it's like that trusted seller list. It was a good idea till bad apples made it so you don't trust that either. Nothing is ever perfect, but I believe in this case, something is better than nothing.

Unless there's a better plan, I don't agree with getting rid of something that is suppose to help both buyer and seller. But it's like that trusted seller list. It was a good idea till bad apples made it so you don't trust that either. Nothing is ever perfect, but I believe in this case, something is better than nothing.
Couldn’t have said it better. It’s “suppose to help” but historically some of the most “trust worthy” sellers have gone and ripped people off. I don’t see how a rating/score is suppose to prevent any of this. The only protection one can truly have is paying with G&S.

I've used each of the feedback methods on different sites. The best is the current system on a profile as it's easier to see and does give a ranking. It's not perfect, but it is the best option.

Back