• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My MidLife Crisis

• Thread starter Deleted member 24326
  • Start date
A guy I bought a couple pair of glasses from along with my Bob offered it to me. He’s raising cash for a business. This was simply a matter of right time/right place. I didn’t even know they existed until he offered to me.

They pop up from time to time on eBay. Usually more will come out when the replica makers decide to make more batches.
Congrats on the collection and more importantly the beautiful car

The other thing is 488GTB is the slowest of the group & Ferrari treats people like **** when they want to buy the latest model year car.

I actually have a relationship with the owner of a Ferrari dealership so that wasn’t a concern at all... so far as speed goes, once you get to this level of car it really doesn’t matter to me. The entire package is far more important than any individual portion. At least that’s how I feel about it. If I was looking for how I’d be treated, I’d go Ferrari in a heartbeat. They come with 7 year warranties and no maintenance costs. FAR FAR FAR better than McLaren.

I actually have a relationship with the owner of a Ferrari dealership so that wasn’t a concern at all... so far as speed goes, once you get to this level of car it really doesn’t matter to me. The entire package is far more important than any individual portion. At least that’s how I feel about it. If I was looking for how I’d be treated, I’d go Ferrari in a heartbeat. They come with 7 year warranties and no maintenance costs. FAR FAR FAR better than McLaren.

Well, nicely done if you have a relationship!

Agreed, the speed doesn’t matter because you can’t use all of it anyways but it’s still something to think about.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’m not a Mclaren fan either - more of a Porsche and Mercedes guy through & through. Completely agree, as far as maintenance goes that 7 year warranty does a lot for worry-free maintenance as well as keeping second hand value up.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’m not a Mclaren fan either - more of a Porsche and Mercedes guy through & through. Completely agree, as far as maintenance goes that 7 year warranty does a lot for worry-free maintenance as well as keeping second hand value up.

I currently drive a Cayman. I adore Porsche’s. Had I the wherewithal for a 918 I’d have one for sure. I’ve lived the past decade on disability. Lost my dad in January. We were extremely close and it’s been brutal. He left behind an absolutely shocking estate for my brother and I. Probate wraps up next month, hence the McLaren. Next year I’ll likely buy a 911 Turbo as a “practical” more conspicuous daily driver. The McLaren will certainly attract attention whereas the 911 is more under the radar. Also I hate the idea of “getting used to” a McLaren. I assume you’ve seen the YouTube video of the 488 vs 720S? The 488 gets a big head start but still loses badly. Epic video of a quarter mile race.

AB131C65-51FA-4789-A4F0-6CEC269CA128.jpeg
46BF8AFF-5813-4EC8-9EA1-D4E86BA33F1F.jpeg
2927CE3E-A8C7-4489-82A6-A2238E5DCF2C.jpeg
412A57B8-4CAE-43D1-8AF0-60235E53C118.jpeg
Just bought today...

very nice.i remember so nmuch of the pos in my local shop but theyd never get rid of it and a few years ago when i returned from being away,shop had shut and all was gone

I had planned to only buy x-metal for the most part, but while looking around I happened upon these Planet X Sub Zeros which I’d owned long ago and so i bought this pair out of nostalgia. I paid like $175, but hadn’t the slightest idea if I was grossly overpaying or not. Anybody know if that’s a good/bad price?

8CAF1037-F984-4E7F-A276-FE8C5EBE525A.jpeg
851C9900-8993-4D92-AA81-366D8FDACD29.jpeg
33A614A2-99F1-41E5-B522-ACFD15E73BEA.jpeg

I had planned to only buy x-metal for the most part, but while looking around I happened upon these Planet X Sub Zeros which I’d owned long ago and so i bought this pair out of nostalgia. I paid like $175, but hadn’t the slightest idea if I was grossly overpaying or not. Anybody know if that’s a good/bad price?

View attachment 544230 View attachment 544231 View attachment 544232

It all depends on lens condition with subzeros....since lenses are near impossible to replace. If the lens is absolutely perfect? You underpaid.

If the lens is trash? You overpaid

If the lens is really nice but not perfect? You paid about what its worth.

Omatter > xmetal

It all depends on lens condition with subzeros....since lenses are near impossible to replace. If the lens is absolutely perfect? You underpaid.

If the lens is trash? You overpaid

If the lens is really nice but not perfect? You paid about what its worth.

Omatter > xmetal

Much thanks! They appear to be in great shape, but won’t really know till they’re in hand. Fingers crossed!

Latest Posts

Back