• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley doesn't honor their old lifetime warranty anymore

Wait...is your bitmoji giving yourself a "wraparound low five"?

bitmoji-20180611060850.png

Lenses are a wear item.

As this thread explains, the lifetime warranty was only for a few items in the early days. If there was a lifetime warranty after that, it may have only been on the frame. Lenses did not have a lifetime warranty.

Buy some new lenses. Lenses don’t last forever.

until they quit making lenses to fit the old frame...

He was referring to an M Frame. The M Frame was sold for a few decades.. there are a lot of lenses out there for sale. M Frame lenses are readily available on the forum, ebay, etc....

Well, it's in the company's best interest to come out with new stuff... Their interests rarely align with yours. It's not fair. It's unfortunate. But if your frame and lens are discontinued, OEM is not an option. Custom cuts, the aftermarket, or desperate searching are your alternatives if you want to continue using your frame. If none of these appeal to you, the company basically told you to pound sand.

Sent from Q's S8+

He was referring to an M Frame. The M Frame was sold for a few decades.. there are a lot of lenses out there for sale. M Frame lenses are readily available on the forum, ebay, etc....
And you may run into a whole frame at a store. I actually saw one at a Vault at full MSRP ($223). I'm not sure what M Frame that was, but it wasn't a recent one, that's for sure lol

Sent from Q's S8+

And you may run into a whole frame at a store. I actually saw one at a Vault at full MSRP ($223). I'm not sure what M Frame that was, but it wasn't a recent one, that's for sure lol

Sent from Q's S8+
I saw a M frame (black/strike lense) and a M frame 3.0 at a SGH on my vacation last week in DE...

Latest Posts

Back