• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley doesn't honor their old lifetime warranty anymore

I saw a M frame (black/strike lense) and a M frame 3.0 at a SGH on my vacation last week in DE...

The Industrial M Frame and Standard Issue M Frames (1.0, 2.0, and 3.0) are all still sold. Lens options will be Grey, Clear, Black Iridium, Prizm TR22, Prizm TR45, Persimmon, and maybe a couple others.

Yes, the op is correct. I spent about $1000 on my Juliet sunglasses, and spared lenses. I ONLY spent $1k on these glasses Because it had a lifetime warranty. (The FRAME only.) Yes, the lenses had a defect that caused the coating to delaminate/chip off. The coating even reanimated from the unused lenses in the box. Lol. They're not honoring my warranty. I suggest everyone having this issue you to research the specific warranty passes in your country/state/county/whatever. These laws supersede ANYTHING that oakley has written on their documentation. Any reputable lawyer will write up a letter to Oakley, outlining the laws in your area, for ~$75-125. This is esp applicable for people who bought it in an Oakley store. I hope this helps people keep Oakley in check and gets them to stop trying to push over their customers.

Yes, the op is correct. I spent about $1000 on my Juliet sunglasses, and spared lenses. I ONLY spent $1k on these glasses Because it had a lifetime warranty. (The FRAME only.) Yes, the lenses had a defect that caused the coating to delaminate/chip off. The coating even reanimated from the unused lenses in the box. Lol. They're not honoring my warranty. I suggest everyone having this issue you to research the specific warranty passes in your country/state/county/whatever. These laws supersede ANYTHING that oakley has written on their documentation. Any reputable lawyer will write up a letter to Oakley, outlining the laws in your area, for ~$75-125. This is esp applicable for people who bought it in an Oakley store. I hope this helps people keep Oakley in check and gets them to stop trying to push over their customers.

Welcome. Nice 1st post.
:popcorn:

I’m fairly certain the lifetime warranty on frames was no longer around by then...

Back