• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OTT 3D printing project

I used to be a 3D modeler and now a UI/UX designer. I'm curious to know what material you plan to use for 3D printing?
Judging by the photo he is using SLA printer with resin which is high fidelity, hard surfaced, solid & great surface quality for finishing with coating.

My guess of an ideal build would be an SLS print out of nylon which would be tougher because its not so hard and has the elasticity to absorb impacts instead of bring so brittle. This nylon print would then be augmented with spring steel inserts to achieve a reliable and firm fit that’d also be adjustable. This is ofc only relevant if the glasses are for use instead of for a display case which it sounds these may be destined for.

Love the work, I followed the thread for future updates… godspeed on the project!

I'm planning to use them for my flight sunglasses as I can't wear normal glasses under my ear cup seals. Don't want to subject a real pair to the torture of being shoved in a bag and bounced off the tarmac.
Randolph Engineering aviators with bayonet stems.

Literally what they were made for, flyboy.

01-06-2015_randolph_aviatorsunglasses_mattechrome_grey_1.jpg

Back